News windows

• phli222
      phli222
      Global
      Am I blind or in the PokerStars options I do not see how to eliminate those annoying "News" windows that appear always when you log and from time to time also while you play (that's very annoying)?

• 8 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi phli222,

I know what you mean, but I also think that those promotion windows are there for a reason. PokerStars would like to inform all their members regarding upcoming or currently running promotions. If you feel this is not beneficial for you, please contact PokerStars's customer support and ask them for a solution to remove them.

Please post here if you got a positive reply so other members can benefit from it too :)
      Thank you
      Ingrid
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey phli222,

A longshot, but maybe you mean the Announcements?

Options > Tournament Announcements

You can Block them there, is that what you're after? :D
    • phli222
      phli222
      Global
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Hey phli222,

A longshot, but maybe you mean the Announcements?

Options > Tournament Announcements

You can Block them there, is that what you're after? :D
      No, I am NOT speaking about tournament announcements, but about the "News" windows, reporting news from PokerStars.

May be them don't pop up in all the countries???

If them pop ut at the login ok, but them pop up occasionally also whyle I am multitabling, and that's very annoying...

• Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phli222
      If them pop ut at the login ok, but them pop up occasionally also whyle I am multitabling, and that's very annoying...

They do pop up during playing for me sometimes too, but only in cases when i'm disconnected and reconnect again.

As far as i know, there's no option to block them, so i would follow Ingrid's advice and ask PokerStars support about it :)
    • phli222
      phli222
      Global
      Originally posted by IngridN..Please post here if you got a positive reply so other members can benefit from it too :)
      Thank you
      Ingrid
      The answer from the PokerStars support:

..... Please note that posts with our News can not be disabled.

Bye... :evil:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I'm with Ingrid here,

These pop-ups aren't really in the way and they always alert me to some promotional news that I may have otherwise missed out on.

These are common place on all Poker Sites but I think it would be nicer for everyone if they could be blocked so that each individual could choose to see them or not.

Oh well, can't win them all :(

Gary
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Its all poker sites not only Stars... For example 888 poker is even worse, every shit opens in internet explorer while I have firefox as default browser.
    • nuktap
      nuktap
      Bronze
      Imo that's really useful.