Folding 2nd/3rd top fh to a repot on the river?

• acerbikas
      acerbikas
      Bronze
      As is the case with PLO, I am currently facing an immense downswing (more mentally than physically) and one of the major causes (apart from running 15BI under EV) is stacking off with full houses.

Technically, I would not mind it all that much, as it is part of PLO. But it tends to get under my skin when my top set gets crushed with a two-outer set/fh on the turn/river. But what do you people do when you clearly know there is but a single or but two hands that beat you, and you led out on the board knowing full well you had the goods? Do you call and stack off if he re-pots you on the river, EVEN THOUGH you know every single time that you are beat?

A few examples:

KJ88 v KKJJ flop 8 turn K river FH.

JJ9T vs QQ34 flop J turn Q river FH.

The above two examples aren't the best per se, as I do not dish out the details as to how the betting went (too lazy to look up with the laggy HEM2 software). But we got it all-in only on the river (as only then our stacks were laid down on the table).

It pains to see my BR dwindle down because I call when I know it. But is it a lack of expertise? Or does this also happen to higher limit players?
  • 1 reply
    • adamall
      adamall
      Bronze
      Originally posted by acerbikas
      Do you call and stack off if he re-pots you on the river, EVEN THOUGH you know every single time that you are beat?

Seems to me you answered your own question.

On micro limits people are never raising the river with a bluff. I would even say 99% of the time they are only raising the nuts. Its not often I have found really bad players that think its a good idea to raise the 3rd or 4th full house on the river.