SB: $42.09
      BB: $21.82
      Hero (UTG): $22.12
      UTG+1: $15.54
      MP: $21.03
      MP+1: $30.51

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has K:spade: K:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.80, fold, MP calls $0.80, fold, CO calls $0.80, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($2.70, 3 players) 9:heart: 5:spade: 8:diamond:
      Hero bets $2.05, fold, CO calls $2.05

Turn: ($6.80, 2 players) A:club:
      Hero bets $4.00, CO calls $4.00

River: ($14.80, 2 players) 3:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets $9.86, fold

as you could see i'm not huge fun of this play but i'm sure that you will say that i played it in correct way... i think because of previous hands which you evaluated.
      what would you say about x/c on the turn?
      could you explain me why do we want to 2ndBarrel on the turn?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

And what you achieve with the Check/Call turn? Do you plan to Call the river as well?

Best Regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      bluff?
      hmmm... when we 2ndBarrel I think that only better hands call us... by x/c we leave worse hands in the play...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      bluff?
      hmmm... when we 2ndBarrel I think that only better hands call us... by x/c we leave worse hands in the play...
      If you plan to Check/Call the turn then you should also plan to Check/Call the river as well.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      but in my opinion it's the same like with cbet... cbet the flop doesn't mean much...
      so in this situtation when opp bets after missed 2ndBarrel we can't think that he's got a hand... he just try to steal the pot so we have to call but next bet on the river means much more then first one. Are you seriously thinking that people are able to bet turn and river as a bluff? In my opinion it's no way...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      but in my opinion it's the same like with cbet... cbet the flop doesn't mean much...
      so in this situtation when opp bets after missed 2ndBarrel we can't think that he's got a hand... he just try to steal the pot so we have to call but next bet on the river means much more then first one. Are you seriously thinking that people are able to bet turn and river as a bluff? In my opinion it's no way...
      You get value from draws on the turn and at the same time avoid turning your hand into bluff-catcher where they could easily bluff also the river. ;)