BB: $20.00
      UTG: $20.00
      UTG+1: $20.30
      MP: $47.60
      MP+1: $18.52
      LP: $20.00

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has A:diamond: T:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.60, fold, Hero raises to $2.20, BB calls $2.00, fold

Flop: ($5.00, 2 players) 3:heart: 5:diamond: 6:diamond:
      Hero bets $3.00, BB raises to $6.80, Hero raises to $40.06, BB calls $11.00

Turn: ($40.60, 2 players) 7:spade:

River: ($40.60, 2 players) 9:spade:

ok what do you think?
      I made calculation in pokerstove and with my equity as fast as possible

I put him on this range: JJ+
      according to it:

Board: 3h 5d 6d
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 43.810% 42.90% 00.91% 8919 189.00 { AdTd }
      Hand 1: 56.190% 55.28% 00.91% 11493 189.00 { JJ+ }

so even on the turn we have correct equity to break even call so we have to call
      it's a reason why I ship...

what about low pockets pairs like 33-66?

what would you say about x/ship?
  • 6 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, BGawli.

Sorry I didn't get who is who by your stats. If the first stats are the CO then I don't get at all why you 3bet ATs since the guy is so passive and folds so much. The BB is not really aggro as well so I wouldn't even be afraid of a squeeze. And our hand does not play so bad multiway.

Anyhow, I don't see other way to play postflop being out of position. We are splitting vs. his strongest range ( which I think is JJ/QQ) and even have many outs in case he played low pockets like that and hit a set. So I think bet/get it in is the only way to play with our equity.

I don't dislike check/ship but I'd do it only if needed to balance my checking range on those flops. Which at this point is prob. not an issue.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Silver
      FreeFray is on BB position
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BGawli
      FreeFray is on BB position
      Cheers.

His range might even be a bit wider for cold calling (i.e., he'd be more likely to have sets) but still I think your hand was played fine and not much more you can or should do once you 3bet pre.

Not 3betting pre in this case is a bit worse since it's quite more likely we will end up oop in a 3way pot. Even against a weak/passive and a nit that's far from ideal...

I don't know. Theoretically 3betting is good for collecting dead money and not playing oop etc., but at the same time CO's range is wide and our hand plays well against, plus our edge should allow us to outplay them both post (get value from lower flushes, ch/r w/ equity vs. the nit, etc.).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

The problem is that I expect such a opponent even to play with any PPs like this, by which I mean all the smaller ones for set. But with what he would raise is the question? Most likely I'd say JJ+ cause of his W$SD is still pretty high. Therefore with rake included we would need ~36% equity:

Board: 3:heart: 5:diamond: 6:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    38.32%  37.41%   0.91% { AdTd }
      UTG+1  61.68%  60.77%   0.91% { JJ+, 66-55, 33 }

Against that kind of range we don't get that good equity as you may see. Small profit at the best. I might even be towards Bet/Folding here without any notes on the guy. Unless we really expect him to also play for the stacks with something like 88-99.

Best Regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Silver
      so why do you want to cbet?
      if our plan is cbet/fold, i prefer x/c and have great implied odds... players aren't able to fold OP or sets in 3 way pots

edit.
      I made calculation...
      we cbet and our opp ships... so we have 36% equity... we need as you said 38% so we have to play for stack with him
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      so why do you want to cbet?
      if our plan is cbet/fold, i prefer x/c and have great implied odds... players aren't able to fold OP or sets in 3 way pots

edit.
      I made calculation...
      we cbet and our opp ships... so we have 36% equity... we need as you said 38% so we have to play for stack with him
      Read my calculations, I said we need 36% equity. But we have to also exclude rake, so maybe even 40% would be needed, so practically at the best a break-even spot. Then just Check/Call if you don't like CB/Fold.