Greeting from Bulgaria ;)

• akial
      akial
      Basic
      Hey guys, I'm going to jump right into my story.
      I started playing real money poker maybe 1/2 a year ago. Just when I discovered this AWESOME! site. I come from Bulgaria so when I saw that you give a 50$ starting capital I was so happy but in the same time extremely disappointed. Why ? Well Bulgaria is on the edge of Europe, or at least people think that way and our nation is often a red-zone for all kind of promotions and stuff like that. Nevertheless, I opened an account and for my surprise, I found out -- this bonus can be cleared even in Bulgaria. Only thing I need to do is pass the quiz. Well I did and for some unknown reason I didn't get the 50$ starting capital. It was a real bummer for me, because 50$ in Bulgaria is like 10% of the average salary. Not easy money to start poker with, not for me at least.

"Oh well" I said - I was used to not getting what is advertised. Besides the website is awesome as it is. The 50$ starting capital is of course one of the most brilliant ideas but the site and content itself is enough to stay here. So I did. I opened an account at 888poker.com (Akiall) as it gave 8$ free. Maybe I could start at poker right now after all. Well of course Bulgaria wasn't a "supported country" and here I was with an account at 888 without money. I managed to scrape together about 25 $ and deposited. Soon to find out that my 888poker account isn't even tracked thru pokerstrategy.com ;( .I obviously clicked on some other affiliate link. I felt so sick - what should I do? I couldn't learn more about poker because of my rank. I didn't even get the starting capital, meaning I'm still at a white rank. Nor did I had money to BUY points. After that I played for a 1-2 weeks at 888 with the SSS. Long story short. I managed to make 80$ which I then lost at blackjack. In retrospect - I only lost 25$ of my own money and it was good to make this painful and inevitable experience so cheaply. After that I closed my account for 30 days and forgot about poker.

Now I'm back. I deposited 40$ a few days ago and I decided to start with the BSS, after trying SNG for a few days without expected results (which are really low for me, naturally).I've NO idea how I'm going to proceed with pokerstrategy. I checked with 888 and you guys. My account is definitely NOT tracked thru PS. I do want to learn more, but have no idea how I should. I don't have enough money to buy my status. And opening a new account on 888 isnt permitted. I could of course switch to pokerstars. But seeing as I am a beginner-advanced player, I'm going to be the fish at the tables there.

I just wanted to share my story, because once again I (got) screwed over. And this time it really hurts :/
  • 3 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi akial,

First of all welcome to our community! Thank you for the long and detailed story :)

I don't like to see our users getting the sad frown so I'm here to give you a little bit of a good news!

I start by telling you that there is not much we can do regarding your 888 account. If it's not tracked via PokerStrategy.com you won't be able to accumulate StrategyPoints.

On the other hand, You have other options available to you :)

You can still try to get the free $50 at Everest Poker, all you need to do is download/register through this link http://www.pokerstrategy.com/quiz/platform/ and carefully follow the instructions!

Also, we have exclusive freerolls to our Bulgarian users: http://bg.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=24785 feel free to take advantage!

I noticed that you wanted to buy or was thinking you have no budget to get yourself a higher status but in reality you shouldn't be thinking much ahead but read /study our basic articles as much as you can and not go busto. Its just my humble opinion.

Let us know how you get on, post hands, get active on the forum ask away about anything and you'll get great help here. Thats a promise :)

Ingrid
    • akial
      akial
      Basic
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hi akial (...)

Ingrid
      Thank you for your post :)
      Your suggestion doesn't work for me (not that I'm surprised, really)
      As I already submitted my Username to PS but it says that the poker room hasn't reported any accumulated points. This is due to the reason that when I opened the account I obviously didn't get the 50$ as the ID check failed (I looked into the ID check and you had problems contacting me thru the phone, that's why it failed, apparently). And since I didn't have any money to deposit in Everest, my account there is just gathering dust. Thank you for your suggestion though :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      oh, ID check failed, I didn't get that from your text sorry. However you do not need to deposit, its a freeroll right? All you need is a tracked Everest or Betfair account and work your way up and build your bankroll from freerolls.

Daily $100 freerolls: http://bg.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=24785 :)