[NL2-NL10] KK NL2 FR - fold flop?

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain is an unknown but seems passive from the few hands that I had seen him play.

Just fold the flop??

I struggle in these types of spots where we have a wet, paired board and we get donked into. I am never sure whether to call and re-evaluate, raise/fold or just fold.

PokerStars - €0.02 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: €0.64
      BTN: €1.83
      SB: €1.67
      BB: €2.03
      UTG: €2.00
      Hero (UTG+1): €2.05
      MP: €2.04
      MP+1: €0.74

SB posts SB €0.01, BB posts BB €0.02

Pre Flop: (€0.03) Hero has K:heart: K:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to €0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls €0.07, BB calls €0.06

Flop: (€0.24, 3 players) J:heart: 8:heart: J:club:
      SB bets €0.23, fold, Hero calls €0.23

Turn: (€0.70, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      SB bets €0.68, fold

SB wins €0.68
  • 5 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, muel294.

I'll mark this one for Veriz to evaluate as well.

I myself am not folding there against a bad but a bit unknown player. They like so much to bluff paired boards its insane, and sometimes they even play like that "for value" with 8x or 99-TT.

With a hand as strong as ours, in this spot I'm calling turn as well and probably any river. After I see what he was doing it with I'll start to adapt.

Raising flop makes no sense at all, I think. Unless we do know he's bad enough to never fold an 8... but since we don't know that yet, raising accomplishes nothing and even if he 3bets a flush draw we will have a hard time calling/shipping.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Dang, I said one thing and did the other. I didn't click to ask for his help in the end but I do think he will see the post and comment anyway. Let's hope for the best :D
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Well I thought I would like to just call one street in case like you say he fires an 8X like A8 or something or FD's. But when he fires pot on the turn again I would be more inclined to think he is protecting a JX without further reads.

With a hand as strong as ours, in this spot I'm calling turn as well and probably any river. After I see what he was doing it with I'll start to adapt.

I guess it is probably worth paying if we can make good notes for future hands.

Thanks Luiz
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Pretty standard play I would say, the only hand you beat there and could play this way would be Q:hX but most likely it's just one combo and you are rather there against Jx. Made a good fold!

Best Regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello muel294,

Pretty standard play I would say, the only hand you beat there and could play this way would be Q:hX but most likely it's just one combo and you are rather there against Jx. Made a good fold!

Best Regards.
      Wow, really?

Spew me. I'd raise 100% those boards if I don't have a hand and learned to call if I do.

I don't know what happens to people, but bad (and even passive) players are crazy about bluffing paired boards, and some AF < 1 guys would 3barrel there with 53o if you let them.