This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Sh25 - QQ PF

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Yeah i post a lot of this hands since i don't have them figured out quite yet.
      Never really sure if i made the right choice.

Hand1:
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $40,35
      Hero:
      $25,25

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

UTG 3B ~7%, no real stats on 4B but shouldn't be to loose

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $0,75, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $2,25, 3 folds, MP2 raises to $5,25, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

With a neutral image i think i can't shove against a 4B from UTG.

Final Pot: $4,90

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $30,05
      CO:
      $36,3

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      Hero raises to $0,90, CO raises to $3,10, 3 folds, Hero calls $2,20.

CO 3B = 6% so far.
      cbet = 43%

Flop: ($6,60) J:club: , 5:heart: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4,65, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

I would 4B if the range wasn't that strong since i don't want to play oop.
      But here i just called for setvalue since we are both deep.
      Didn't hit so just fold.

Final Pot: $6,60
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

1) if I would 3-bet QQ that spot I would play for stacks, so instead of folding I would shove QQ that spot

2) I think b/c pf is fine. His 3-bet % should be definitely wider on the co than 6% also I would not c/f my overpair. If you think player is nit then c/c once and then c/f turn, if you think he can make some moves then c/r flop for value and play stacks

best regards,
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Hi, can you explain this in more detail?

Originally posted by Kaitz20
      1) if I would 3-bet QQ that spot I would play for stacks, so instead of folding I would shove QQ that spot
      Do you mean that the reason i 3B is because i think he can call (or even raise) with weaker hands. And that i have to be ready to ship since he can 4B with weaker hands since he is oop?

My Problem with this i don't know for sure if he can 4B with weaker hands because i don't have much information on his 4B range.

My second Problem is that getting it in against a 4B from UTG should be harder than a BU vs BB situation so why is it so obvious that i should ship?

The reason why i have so much hands from this opponent and didn't have information about his 4Bs is because i played on my second computer and i only have elephant on it. And it's hard to see the 4B "range" on the elephant popup (+ elephant mixes up FR and SH hands in the analyse section, NOT while playing)

Here are the real stats from HEM:

With this information it seems like he should 4B with TT+,AK+ so a ship should be fine, but if i don't have this information it's no easy decision for me.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

you generally see players playing style if he is aggressive enough that he would 4-bet/call there (TT)JJ+/AK or not, most good players (like stats 18/17 or 26/22) would likely adept to 3-bets and start 4-betting light not only (KK, AA). So against most players 3-betting QQ and getting all-in is profitable.
      If player is totally unknown you can always 3-bet/fold against UTG range, but after 10 hands I likely can say if I would play there for stacks or not.

best regards,