[NL20-NL50] Sh25 - QQ PF

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Yeah i post a lot of this hands since i don't have them figured out quite yet.
      Never really sure if i made the right choice.

Hand1:
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $40,35
      Hero:
      $25,25

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

UTG 3B ~7%, no real stats on 4B but shouldn't be to loose

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $0,75, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $2,25, 3 folds, MP2 raises to $5,25, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

With a neutral image i think i can't shove against a 4B from UTG.

Final Pot: $4,90

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $30,05
      CO:
      $36,3

0,15/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      Hero raises to $0,90, CO raises to $3,10, 3 folds, Hero calls $2,20.

CO 3B = 6% so far.
      cbet = 43%

Flop: ($6,60) J:club: , 5:heart: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4,65, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

I would 4B if the range wasn't that strong since i don't want to play oop.
      But here i just called for setvalue since we are both deep.
      Didn't hit so just fold.

Final Pot: $6,60
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

1) if I would 3-bet QQ that spot I would play for stacks, so instead of folding I would shove QQ that spot

2) I think b/c pf is fine. His 3-bet % should be definitely wider on the co than 6% also I would not c/f my overpair. If you think player is nit then c/c once and then c/f turn, if you think he can make some moves then c/r flop for value and play stacks

best regards,
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Hi, can you explain this in more detail?

Originally posted by Kaitz20
      1) if I would 3-bet QQ that spot I would play for stacks, so instead of folding I would shove QQ that spot
      Do you mean that the reason i 3B is because i think he can call (or even raise) with weaker hands. And that i have to be ready to ship since he can 4B with weaker hands since he is oop?

My Problem with this i don't know for sure if he can 4B with weaker hands because i don't have much information on his 4B range.

My second Problem is that getting it in against a 4B from UTG should be harder than a BU vs BB situation so why is it so obvious that i should ship?

The reason why i have so much hands from this opponent and didn't have information about his 4Bs is because i played on my second computer and i only have elephant on it. And it's hard to see the 4B "range" on the elephant popup (+ elephant mixes up FR and SH hands in the analyse section, NOT while playing)

Here are the real stats from HEM:

With this information it seems like he should 4B with TT+,AK+ so a ship should be fine, but if i don't have this information it's no easy decision for me.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

you generally see players playing style if he is aggressive enough that he would 4-bet/call there (TT)JJ+/AK or not, most good players (like stats 18/17 or 26/22) would likely adept to 3-bets and start 4-betting light not only (KK, AA). So against most players 3-betting QQ and getting all-in is profitable.
      If player is totally unknown you can always 3-bet/fold against UTG range, but after 10 hands I likely can say if I would play there for stacks or not.

best regards,