Table Image

• Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      I dont know what type of player people think I am, but nowdays most of the time i raise, everyone folds.. X( ofcourse if they have a strong hand then they call...

Any advice?

What type of player are you?
  • 6 replies
    • gemgem69
      gemgem69
      Bronze
      Tight aggressive tends to be the best for beginners, you will hopefully hit the flop with the strongest hand so you wont have too many hard decisions. Loose aggressive can also be profitable but from what I have heard it can be very swingy.

I am TAG in SNGs and cash games. LAG at the end of SNGs and short handed cash games.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      you dont have to be a certain type of player TAG or LAG . you have to adapt at the table . if the table is tight a lagier style is better . if the table is lagier a tighter style is good ... etc ... you have to adapt to the other players ...
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      That reminds me how few days ago I went to beginner only NL4 and tried LAG/maniac play. Although I lost the stack, at one moment I had doubled and it was really fun :D LAG is waaay more fun than TAG (although I have no intentions to play LAG on higher levels yet)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Move to Sh tables, there you´re get enough action with your premium hands.
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Roya1flush
      I dont know what type of player people think I am, but nowdays most of the time i raise, everyone folds.. X( ofcourse if they have a strong hand then they call...
      Well, what type of player are you?

That's my major beef with the SSS. If you join a table with the minimum buy-in and then just fold all the time, people will know that you only play quality hands. I already notice it on NL10. When I sit there and fold for 2 rounds, and then finally raise with my pocket aces, most of the time people immediately throw away their hands. Next time I raise then with AQ, I get called by AK, and of course lose. People will still see though with what I raised so the next raise I put in won't get called either again unless it's with a dominating hand.

So what I do is play some sort of BSS with a SSS stack though. Of course I don't earn a lot of money with it, but that's not my primary concern right now either. I get told it's -EV in the long run, but after almost 8k hands like this, I earned about 40 dollars and more importantly for me I freed up my first $50 Bonus and make good progress on the $100 Bonus.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Hi guys been playing for 2 hours now.. and i have not had one decent hand to play with..

I dont know what type of player people think I am, but nowdays most of the time i raise, everyone folds..

This does not surprise me. :D

Seriously though, if I've been card-dead I'll loosen up a bit and play a few more speculative hands. If the cards having been falling for me AND I have been winning pots w/o SD then I'll give thought to tightening up a bit.