Can you play 25NL profitably on Stars

• Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Hello. I've opened up a Stars account, and i'm playing 6max 25 NL CG. Now, i've read a lot about their rakeback system, but i have no idea what i've read.

I really don't get it how it works.

So basically my question is, how much do you get back if you play, like me, let's say, 25NL, and make about 30k hands per month?

Does anyone alse play these limits at stars?

What is your experience? I just want to know if it's worth it to play there at these stakes.

Thanks a lot
  • 23 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Skodljivec,

It's really best to try it for a few days/weeks and see how you get on. Whilst the more volume you put in will provide more accurate data, you should get an indication after a few days.

It's very difficult for other players to advise you just how much rakeback or profit you are likely to make. There are obviously a number of factors that can hugely affect these amounts, not least the style of how you play, % of hands you open etc.

Give it a go and see how you get on, just ensure you stick to a sensible BRM and of course don't forget to let us know your progress.

Good luck & best regards,

Bart
    • noisecore
      noisecore
      Bronze
      I don't know why people care so much about the few % Rb differences between VIP programs. Just get a decent winrate that matters 10000000000000000000x more than RB
    • DukeXIII
      DukeXIII
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noisecore
      I don't know why people care so much about the few % Rb differences between VIP programs. Just get a decent winrate that matters 10000000000000000000x more than RB
      +1
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      Honestly, i prefer winning than counting how much my rakeback.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Rakeback is an incentive used by sites to encourage players to play at there site over another. By no means should RB be treated as a method to profit at poker...thats just not what the games about!

Win rate over RB any day of the week! It's more fun playing for winrate rather than RB as well =)
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Yes its possible but harder compare to other sites. Table selection is the most important thing on PokerStars.
    • lulupops
      lulupops
      Bronze
      i play those stakes at stars and yeah i guess rake back helps and it gives you targets if you dont have any it doesnt really effect the winrate.

stars is tougher i find but i do this for fun and by that i mean learning and competetiveness. other sites like party poker has more fish but i cant handle the donky moves they make. its a bit too up and down for me :)

unless you are mass tabling stars is a great player pool but pick ya tables. i sometimes play 20 hands and leave as i have a lag on my left blowing me off every hand..

i guess try it. the bonus at stars is quite quick to get aswell as the vip rewards which aint a lot but it helps

stars i found takes forever?

anyways good luck
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Stars bonus (rakeback system) is profitable if you can reach gold status each month, below that its fairly low and should not aim any profit from rakeback.
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ragney
      Stars bonus (rakeback system) is profitable if you can reach gold status each month, below that its fairly low and should not aim any profit from rakeback.
      Sooooo wrong... You dont get any profit from rakeback unless you get 101% rakeback or more. Good luck!
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ReaZoN999
      Sooooo wrong... You dont get any profit from rakeback unless you get 101% rakeback or more. Good luck!
      Well yeah lol :D

I mean "reasonable amount of rakeback than" :)
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      "Yes its possible but harder compare to other sites. Table selection is the most important thing on PokerStars."
      Complete BS. its much easier on stars that on any other site. esp on ipoker with same few ABC nits grinding there every day
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      esp on ipoker with same few ABC nits grinding there every day

called bots :D
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      on those smaller sites if there is fish at the tables then there is 10 regs in waitlist and till u get to table fish is gone
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vygantas82
      on those smaller sites if there is fish at the tables then there is 10 regs in waitlist and till u get to table fish is gone
      Isn't that the case on Stars? Check NL50 waitlist lol. NL100 even worse :D
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      don't worry m8t when they launch blitz poker cash games will be back again
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vygantas82
      Isn't that the case on Stars? Check NL50 waitlist lol. NL100 even worse :D
      check NL20 or even NL10 waitlists on iPoker x)
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Never played there, screenshot me one :p
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply...

I have just one more question. Let's say i get a certain status by the end of the month... Now i want to receive Rakeback (or the equivalent of RB on Stars), what should i do?

Are the certain items to buy, that are known as rakeback?

Thanks a lot for future answers
    • verneer
      verneer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noisecore
      Bingo. Make that your focus.