This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Ak @ Co Folded

• jetocumen
      jetocumen
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $1.69
      UTG: $2.30
      UTG+1: $3.44
      MP: $1.80
      MP+1: $0.60
      Hero (CO): $1.95
      BTN: $2.03
      SB: $2.48

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:club: K:heart:

fold, fold, MP raises to $0.06, fold, Hero calls $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, SB calls $0.05, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.30, 5 players) Q:spade: Q:heart: J:club:
      SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.14, fold, fold, fold, MP calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.58, 2 players) 7:spade:
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.28, MP raises to $0.56, fold

MP wins $1.09

Was this a good fold?
  • 4 replies
    • michel2311
      michel2311
      Bronze
      3bet preflop and bet bigger on the flop. I should've check the turn for the free card on the river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jetocumen,

Preflop: Calling preflop is pretty hand because of AKo ain't the greatest hand to play in multiway pot. So either 3bet or just fold the hand.

As played
      Postflop: Not a huge fan of betting the flop even, rather just Check behind and be happy to get a free card. What's the idea of Betting the turn, what hand will fold what did Call on flop?

Best Regards.
    • jetocumen
      jetocumen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello jetocumen,

Preflop: Calling preflop is pretty hand because of AKo ain't the greatest hand to play in multiway pot. So either 3bet or just fold the hand.

As played
      Postflop: Not a huge fan of betting the flop even, rather just Check behind and be happy to get a free card. What's the idea of Betting the turn, what hand will fold what did Call on flop?

Best Regards.
      Isn't this a good flop to bet you have pair of queens and a rainbow and you can represent a full house.

I was thinking of representing a full house on the flop QJ since I did't raise pre-flop. The bet on the turn was the continuation of my story. But I guess he slow played me on the flop and check raised on the turn. I sensed danger an I folded.

Should I always 3 bet AK with a single raise?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Isn't this a good flop to bet you have pair of queens and a rainbow and you can represent a full house.

Being in 5way pot??? You will never be able to rep there FH. :D Maybe some of them even have the FH or trips and neither you make any better hand to fold.

Should I always 3 bet AK with a single raise?

While you have a lot of loose opponents behind your rather 3bet and not turn it into multiway pot.