Rookie needs help.

• ytsoP
      ytsoP
      Bronze
      I've just downloaded Hold'em manager 2.0's trial version and I'm struggling to understand it all. I've looked around the internet but I can't seem to find any helpful information. I know what VPIP is but I don't know what's a good number or a bad number. This is the same in most cases with the software.

Would it be possible for anybody to help me start out with it all? For example, which things to have next to player's names when starting off with the software, what to look out for, what things mean, etc.

Sorry. :f_mad:
  • 7 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      I've moved your thread to beginners questions in order to get a bit more volume help :)

I'll ask a few of my colleagues to pop by and help you!
    • ytsoP
      ytsoP
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      I've moved your thread to beginners questions in order to get a bit more volume help :)

Sorry and thanks. :D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ytsoP

huge request so you owe them a beer and I'm happy to get some chocolate! :D
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey ytsoP,

Thanks for posting.

First of all you should check out the series by BogdanPS;

- Introduction: Hold 'em Manager 2 - Part 1

- Introduction: Hold 'em Manager 2 - Part 2

We have more videos coming soon about HEM2, I've sourced two yesterday already so stay tuned over the next weeks.

Don't be scared to ask a straightforward question about something specific, you can't learn HEM in 1 day, it's a process of continuously and increasingly employing the software to your play & database which will gradually allow you to improve.

I'll see what else I can find for you in the meantime!

Take care,

-E
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey ytsoP,

I have used HM for quite some time, so if you have any questions after watching the videos, post here and i should be able to help you out :)
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ytsoP

That's why we're here & nothing to apologise for, 20 people are probably already reading this because they didn't ask :f_biggrin:

Furthermore to BogdanPS functional videos, he ran a series where he used all the functionality in HEM to discover leaks about his students.

Database Doctor Series

(You'll only be able to watch parts 1-4 until you get to Gold, but that should be more than enough)

Additionally, he started a new series with the same topic which is rightfully called;

"The Stats Surgeon"

...and you'll be glad to hear that so far all these parts are silver too - If you watch all those videos, there will be little you don't know about Hold 'em Manager!

I hope this helps, I'll see what else is lying around back here....

-E
    • ytsoP
      ytsoP
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EuanM
      Hey ytsoP,

Thanks for posting.

First of all you should check out the series by BogdanPS;

- Introduction: Hold 'em Manager 2 - Part 1

- Introduction: Hold 'em Manager 2 - Part 2

We have more videos coming soon about HEM2, I've sourced two yesterday already so stay tuned over the next weeks.

Don't be scared to ask a straightforward question about something specific, you can't learn HEM in 1 day, it's a process of continuously and increasingly employing the software to your play & database which will gradually allow you to improve.

I'll see what else I can find for you in the meantime!

Take care,

-E
      I'm watching them now. Thank you.

@Matt - I've added you. Feel free to send me your Skype. :D