Hold'em manager questions.

• ytsoP
      ytsoP
      Bronze
        What is your in your displayed stats and why?

How do you match a range with somebodies VPIP?

Are there any other little things that you do to your own HUD?

How do you match a player's label to their VPIP? (E.g. passive, aggressive, etc.)

In which ways can HEM2 help my play?

How do I transfer my full hand history from Poker770 to HEM2?
  • 5 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi ytsoP,

have you read our articles on Stats Basics and Interpretation?

Stats Basics
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/others/1780/1/

Stats Interpretation
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/others/1781/1/

it's also helpful to go back to the article discussing the different types of players because stats are thrown into their descriptions.

what limits are you playing?
      from what i've seen, using stats varies widely so much from highly successful pros who do not use HUDs at all, to those who have their screens quite full. i think it is really up to each player to find what works for them. if you have a zillion stats but cannot apply them in game, then it's pretty useless. you can also start with a few and start building them up as you find what's useful for you.

hopefully other members can contribute in here too.

smiles,
      wendy
    • ytsoP
      ytsoP
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      hi ytsoP,

have you read our articles on Stats Basics and Interpretation?

Stats Basics
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/others/1780/1/

Stats Interpretation
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/others/1781/1/

it's also helpful to go back to the article discussing the different types of players because stats are thrown into their descriptions.

what limits are you playing?
      from what i've seen, using stats varies widely so much from highly successful pros who do not use HUDs at all, to those who have their screens quite full. i think it is really up to each player to find what works for them. if you have a zillion stats but cannot apply them in game, then it's pretty useless. you can also start with a few and start building them up as you find what's useful for you.

hopefully other members can contribute in here too.

smiles,
      wendy
      Thanks Wendy. I'm currently playing 0.01/0.02 SH NLHE. I would have said NL2 but the maximum buy-in is 5. I wanted to learn what certain players have in their displayed stats so that I could see if that would work for me. I guess it's all down to preference though.

I feel that my HEM2 is a little broke though. It's not recording hands and I'm not sure how I can save them using Poker770. Also, sometimes it will say I've played over 4k hands with someone and that's very slim, especially when it's not saving hands.

I want to eventually make a blog so assistance in this thread would help a lot.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey ytsoP,

The best way to learn which Ratio of stats = X Playing style is playing a good sample of hands.

For instance, My VPIP is 20, PFR is 14, which is close to a good Ratio. So a VPIP >30 is calling a wide range, whereas a PFR of <10 Is Raising only strong hands.

The above is rough, but hopefully it provides a guideline :) I also play SH too.

As for your HM issue, you'd be best posting a thread about it in our Poker Software Forum, other members may have similar issues and resolved them, if not, a HM Rep checks there frequently and should be able to resolve your problems.

Hope you get this sorted :]
    • ytsoP
      ytsoP
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Hey ytsoP,

The best way to learn which Ratio of stats = X Playing style is playing a good sample of hands.

For instance, My VPIP is 20, PFR is 14, which is close to a good Ratio. So a VPIP >30 is calling a wide range, whereas a PFR of <10 Is Raising only strong hands.

The above is rough, but hopefully it provides a guideline :) I also play SH too.

As for your HM issue, you'd be best posting a thread about it in our Poker Software Forum, other members may have similar issues and resolved them, if not, a HM Rep checks there frequently and should be able to resolve your problems.

Hope you get this sorted :]
      Yeah, I've got a few of my own settings sorted out now. I'm going to watch a couple more videos on the software later on today or tomorrow, so I can get to grips with other things. I need to find out how I can link my hand history to it. I'm not sure how I can locate it on Poker770!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      ah, to figure out proper settings on importing hands, a quick visit to the HEM website usually does the trick as they demonstrate it step by step. :)