[NL2-NL10] 97s flopped straight 2NL 6max

• bradomurder
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($1.53)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($1.22)
      UTG+1 ($1.16) - Very loose passive, complete fish
      CO ($1.08) - slightly better but still fishy, had a note that he takes heaps of minbet stabs at small pots
      BTN ($1.14)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: 7:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, CO raises to $0.04, fold, Hero calls $0.03, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02

FLOP ($0.14) T:club: 8:spade: J:club:

Hero bets $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10

TURN ($0.44) T:club: 8:spade: J:club: A:club:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.02, CO raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, UTG+1 calls $0.06

RIVER ($0.68) T:club: 8:spade: J:club: A:club: 5:club:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.06, CO calls $0.06, Hero folds

firstly before you ask i'm not full stacked cos my roll is only $20 and I buy in with 50bb.

How's the line? is calling preflop ok given good odds and bad players? Should I check-raise the flop given that the CO often stabs small or is it better to donk? Turn and river standard?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello bradomurder,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Add to full stack if you playing BSS.

Preflop: Just fold those hands, especially if you are new to poker, you wont play them very profitable. Especially how you played your hand.
      Postflop: Rather fold the turn, you will never know even where you stand with your hand while being in freeplay pot and flush completed, even better straights are possible. But of course for the given odds it ain't like a huge mistake on turn but just to avoid mistakes. ;)

Best Regards.
    • bradomurder
      Thanks, actually it's a welcome back rather than a welcome. I have started from the bottom again cos I did some travel that left me broke and a bit rusty.