Funky12 poker career

• Funky12
      Funky12
      Bronze
      Alright...I never wrote a poker blog...so here I am...Im doing this mostly because of DrFunk lol...i was reading his blog and thats how i got the idea.

First of all...Im 23 and Im from Romania. I came to the states to Undergrad school with a full tennis scholarship. I graduated last December with a Bachelors Degree in Finance.

I've been playing poker since I was 19 probably...and i got more serious probably last year...as of right now my gf is going crazy because I play too much. I am not a full time poker player...and I dont even think I wanna be one. I probably play somewhere around 4-5 hours a day when I have a bankroll. I havent deposited any money for like 7 months...and now i have ok BR's on 3 sites. I play on mansion poker with the PS bankroll. I started 6 days ago...with NL10 SSS and I got up to 80 in 2 days. I kinda got bored of SSS and now im playing SNG5. I know i dont have the BR for that...but ive been doing good...up to 115. As soon as i start dropping under 70, Ill move down some. I hope I wont have to though. I started with SNG5 exactly 2 hours ago. I played 2 fulltables and i got one 1st, and 4 5handed and I got one 1st and 2 seconds. So i cashed in 4 out of 6, winning two of them. I hope i can keep it up. I gotta go hit the sack now. Thanks to whomever is gonna read my stuff here.

Alex
  • 8 replies
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Hi Funky12, nice read... BUT stay to BRM or you'll face difficulties sooner or later... Keep us informed about the progress. Good luck!
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Funky12
      as of right now my gf is going crazy because I play too much.
      My girlfriend was going crazy once too... But now it is OK i think. :)

Good luck, keep us updated.

Keep it funky. :D
    • Funky12
      Funky12
      Bronze
      A little question....I am up to $190 after two consecutive good days. Yesterday i made 50 bucks...i won a fulltable SNG5 and i also made like 30 bucks playing FL50 (shorthanded). today the trend continued, and when i had $159 i took a chance and i bought in for 9 bucks at a FL100 5-handed table. After one hour, i had $54, which was pretty exciting. Now I have a question...and you guys tell me what you think. When I play FL, i never bring more than $5 for FL50, and I play extremely tight until i double it. This has been working great the past days. I see in all the videos ppl buying in for $100. I expect comments on that. Thanks and I hope I can move up the limits soon.
    • Funky12
      Funky12
      Bronze
      Haven't been here in a while...Mansion is down for "system maintenance"...this means that I'm gonna post an update. Currently...I have $345...I am just playing SNG $5 ten-handed and some small satellites (usually $3). I also play $5 MTT....as a matter of fact i won a $5 rebuy+addon last night with 24 players....final pot was i believe $245 with top 3 paid. It was good for $112.5. I also reached 1500 MCP like a week ago...and after I contacted support I've been told that I should have the extra $100 by wednesday of this week. Then I think i will give a try to the $11 SNG. I usually play 3 or 4 at a time (i am talking here about the $5 SNG). Out of 4 SNGs i usually finish ITM in at least one. A couple of times I finished ITM in all four. I will go re-read the articles about the SNG play, and hopefully PS points will update soon so I can advance to platinum level and read some more articles.

Well, that's about it...hit me up with comments! Thanks.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi Funky12

Nice to see that you are doing well. Keep up the good work. Improving the own game is always important, because it will not getting easier on higher limits. :D
      I would advise to post some hands here to get judged by experienced players.
      good luck at the tables.

Best regards,
      tribunCaesar
    • Funky12
      Funky12
      Bronze
      I couldnt find a good hand converter for mansion...any suggestions ?
    • Funky12
      Funky12
      Bronze
      I just received my extra $100...so now my roll stays at $490...i will play a mixture of small MTT's, $5 SNG and $10 SNG. Also...i discovered a cool thing on Mansion. They have these 10 handed SNG called King of the Hill. Im trying to advance to the final where the winner gets like $2500 and third get over $300. Im just playing the first level with $3 buy-in. I finished on the bubble twice....
    • Funky12
      Funky12
      Bronze
      BR : $449