This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 JTs bluff n stuff

• trickybob
      trickybob
      Bronze
      Villain is 23/17 with a 3bet of 6 and a AF of 4/3/2 by street. Decent sample size.

Is this a good hand to call 3bets with? If not which ranges are better.

I think the 3rd heart and K was a good card for me to bluff at after he checks turn - was I right to bluff in this spot?

TY

SB: $29.50 (147.5 bb)
      BB: $20 (100 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $20 (100 bb)
      MP: $13.79 (68.9 bb)
      CO: $20.30 (101.5 bb)
      BTN: $20 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J T
      Hero raises to $0.60, 3 folds, SB raises to $2.20, BB folds, Hero calls $1.60

Flop: ($4.60) 7 9 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.40, Hero calls $2.40

Turn: ($9.40) K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4.80, SB raises to $19.05, Hero folds
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Is this a good hand to call 3bets with?
      - since you opened utg and he 3-bet from blinds, then JTs should be fold or occasional 4-bet to represent there kings/aces.

If not which ranges are better.
      -pp´s would play a lot better, but since you´re only 100bb deep I would fold there 22-77

I think the 3rd heart and K was a good card for me to bluff at after he checks turn - was I right to bluff in this spot?
      - if you float flop then betting turn is standard, but I would personally would make small bluffraise on the flop to 5.2$. You would likely also raise your sets and high flushdraws, so mixing up raise/fold with overcards+gutshot should be fine. That way you don´t barreled on the turn where you likely have to fold anyway

Best regards,
    • Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      If not which ranges are better. -pp´s would play a lot better, but since you´re only 100bb deep I would fold there 22-77

sir why would 88-JJ be a good hand to call a 3bet? If the reg loves to at least barrel the turn wont it be losing in a long run as the odds of seeing at least 1 overcard is quite high

please advice thank you
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

first of all 88-JJ seems to me a little too good just to raise/fold pf, second even if they likely double barrel I would still hit my set pf once in 7,5 times and second I dot have to always take call once and folding on the turn. I always have option to raise for value on low boards or call flop and shove over their turn barrels

best regards,
    • Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      Sir,

that would be VS players with high 3bet % and IP only right?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think 7-8% would be high enough. 6% might be lower end, but nevertheless I would not b/f there TT and JJ. Ip would be a littlebit better than oop, but if you know that player is very straight forward you can also call oop, since you can always take c/c once and then c/f turn and low boards.

Best regards,