iwibeaty13

• iwibeaty13
      iwibeaty13
      Bronze
      Hello everyone. My name is Mantas. I'm from Lithuania. I have found the game of Poker about 3months ago. I made and account on PokerStars and deposited my first 10$. I lost it all very fast, then I decided that I need to study poker if I want to win. I was surfing the net and found the PokerStrategy. I really liked it, so I decided to register and start my poker career. And now I'm there. Sorry for my bad english. :)

So here It is: My first homework
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      My motivation is that I want to get some fun, earn money. Communicate with other poker players. I want to be the best :D . I really like poker thinking, analysing hands.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      I think my biggest weakness is that I can't quit when i lose money, I always try to get my money back and then lose more. I get on tilt very often.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      It mean's that you need to play few hands select them carefully and play aggressive. Aggressive play is when you raise very much and call rarely. When you play aggressive you make your opponents to take hard decisions and to make more mistakes. If your opponent makes mistake you gain and if you make mistake your opponent gain and you lose.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

That's pretty horrible problem if you can't quit. You have to strictly follow it because if you wont then most likely you will just gamble the money away. Biggest weakness in poker, not being able to quit. Try to force you and set a stop-loss.

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.