[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH: 65s preflop

• kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10/$0.20 (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

stats: VPIP/PFR/WTSD/TAF/Hands

SB ($20.19) 21/21/33/4/24
      BB ($20.00) 33/17/0/0/12
      MP2 ($61.81) (Hero)
      MP3 ($12.84) 55/3/35/2.3/36
      CO ($7.51) 61/5/25/0.7/39
      Button ($29.31) 30/18/38/4/50

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 5:club: , 6:club:
      Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds, Button raises to 1.0, 1 folds, BB calls $0.80, Hero calls $0.80,

Flop: 9:spade: , 2:diamond: , K:spade: ( $3.1 )
      BB checks, Hero checks, Button bets $2.50, 2 folds,

Final Pot: $5.45

I had 65s on UTG, which is a fold usually, but here i have 2 loose players behind me who like to limp. If i can see a flop in a limped pot with 3 or 4 other players i think my suited connector is worth playing. That's why i am inclined to limp first in in situations like this, but i don't know if this play is plus EV.
      (I know that if i limp weaker hands and raise strongers first in i can be put on ranges easier, but i don't think i should worry about this here, because these players are not so good.)
      If someone raises i usually have to fold which makes this limp more expensive than just the big blind.
      I was always curious to see what the actual chances are to get raised, so I did the math on this:
      the chance that somebody raises behind me (based on their stats): 50%
      So half the time i have to fold, this means i pay 2 big blinds in long term to see a flop with other limpers or with position on the blind(s).

Unfortunatelly the loose guys folded and the button raised. The big blind called, so i had to decide if it's worth calling to see a 3way flop. I had quite good odds, 1:2.75 and i had good relative position on the preflop raiser, which might help me if i get a draw on the flop and he bets and the big blind calls, then i can get good odds to call. I decided to call, although i felt that this was a close one.
      I missed the flop and folded to the contibet.

So i would like to know your opinion on this, is it worth limp first in with suited connectors here, and is it worth calling a raise to see a 3 way flop?

Thanks,
      kesgab
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      65s isn´t that good hand to play pot probably oop.
      If you call one bet, then someone raises, you call again, then you hit some draw and you call again, finally you´ve lost a lot of money just calling. Better to save that for aces where you raise pf, loose players call, you bet, bet, bet and you probably get paid by worse hands.

So I don´t never limp/call with suited connectors when I´m UTG, even if the table is loose I prefer raising, because maybe I then can hit smt good and the other players would pay me off. Also you still have some fold equity.
      Calling a raise is bad probably, because you´re oop and even if you hit smt good BU might check flop or turn and you don´t get paid- for that you should play bet, bet, bet and even then BU could just fold AK ui on the flop.