UPDATE! On $700 in 2 days.

• Blackmagents
      Blackmagents
      Bronze
      Hey guys, remember me? Well most of you don't but I'm the big hero who made 700 in 2 days playing poker/roulette. (On titan). With a funny ending of how i lost it all. Everyone said i was a bad player etc etc. Funny how that only encouraged me ot prove them wrong. And i did. So i got a few books, studied online poker. (Studying was just watching players play at limits i was going to.) I also got a poker software, "Hold em Indicator" to calculate pot odds and win odds. And then i got some money to deposit. I put in 50 USD, and lost. Instead of tilting away more money i thought about why i had lost. I raised with 6-6 early....bad move. (great fold there. So then i started playing tight solid and aggressive poker. I deposited 50. At the end of the end of playing 300 or so hands i was at 450 at the .50/1 blind limits. Now most of you will laugh saying you used your full bankroll? Yea, so, but i can handle it. However, i don't play donkey style. I don't just throw in all my chips with top pair top kicker, like when i had ace queen i was betting top pair top kicker but i knew of of the 2 guys who called my raise was slow playing either JJ or KK. And Surely enough it was KK.

I would only go in on the flop with a set BUT when the board is J 7 2 and you have JJ. I had a set of 8. But i checked and folded them. Why? Well there was a flush draw, and i knew that the guy wud go in on it (It's party poker, people find reasons to call.) so then another suited card came up and then again. So now i had a set and the board was something like 6789 all clubs. So then i just checked and mucked.

However in all in situations you gotta think. I had raised to 4 (.50/1 game) and got re raised to 10 with 99. Now this clown kept on doing a re raise so i thought he was playing aggressively with AK maybe AQ. I called. Flop was 832. I checked because i thought he would bet and re raise me, so i thought i'd check raise his ass. He raised 10 in a 20 or so pot. I re raised to 37. He then re raised me all in. It was another 48 to call for me I think so, i thought that i have the best hand, and i got the pot odds and an over pair ot call with. So i do, this guy shows me an AK. And i was right all along.

Poker ain't about going all in with the royal flush, it's about taking good risks based on odds. And ever hand i played yesterday leading me to my $826 total, was based on odds. I may of made some weird re raises when i thought my opponent was weak or made calls pre flop that were intense.

I pulled of a Jamie Gold. I limped in on Small blind everyone has folded. This guy raises to 35 (5/10 game lol) i called with a 5 7 o!!!!! LMAO...i know. But he kept raising me every time every time i raised i get re raised. But then again i raised small so w/e. So flop is 772. Magic for me. I thought he would play his hand aggressively and he did betting 50. He only had 200 or so chips and i had 600 so i re raised all in. and he called instantly with Aces.

I'm a fish right? Nope. Doyle Brunson in Super System 2 says you should get in with the worst come out with the best, the whole suited connectors in late position. If you play those hands once in a while then you will be deceptive and if you hit a money flop...then all in and easy call.

I recommend party poker, for the large amount of fish. They play very loose and aggressive.

I saw sites of how party poker was rigged. I laugh at the idea now. Most of these morons, allowed these fish to do what they are good at. Complaining about runner runner. All in even, well if you go all in with a top pair, crap kicker and then bitch that some guy got an ace on the river, who fault is that? Or the runner runner flush, these are people who go all in with their entire bankrolls and then bitch of a beat, funny how these beats happen once in a while. I played about 400 hands. And i say i bad beat. I had nut flush other guy rivered a full house. Funny thing is he was short stacked ot about 26 and i had 350 and another guy was all in for 100+.

As you go up the limits you won't find a lot of fish. Just tight aggressive and solid players. Some lose players. Now i'm not use to 5/10 yet siting their when the table has $5, 000+.

By the way i play short handed. (6 people).

Anyways, i would like to gloat to all the people who said i should quit poker and laughed and debated with me thought 5 pages of the post.

HAHAAHA......Ha....(Meh didn't feel that good).

* note i will make a "i'm on tilt and i lost all my money" post very very soon.
  • 40 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      too bad it aint real....
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      you are just jealous that the guy plays higher limits than you !
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Post your "when will he go broke again"-predictions hereunder.
    • Blackmagents
      Blackmagents
      Bronze
      Well if you like i can take a screen shot of my Cashier, my bankroll on party poker if you don't believe me. just i don't know how to put one here. Unless one of you would want to play in a private table.

W/e
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      I didn't say you were broke now, did I? That's in fact the whole semantic meaning of "when will he go broke" ;)
    • Blackmagents
      Blackmagents
      Bronze
      Oh cool. I don't care i just wanted to encourage people, to see that anything is possible...if you play by the odds.
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      Playing with 1 buy-in never has and never will be the same as playing by the odds. If you look into the more indepth issues of Bank Roll Management you will see that even if you were the best player alive you would have somewhere in the region of 95% chance of going bust, those odds are quite bad, right?

There are a lot of pro's out there that does not play according to BRM and have to keep loaning money to keep playing, and many of them are really excellent players that could make a real good living from poker if they would play on the right levels.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      it seems obvious that if everyone played with there full bankrolls, many people will make a big profit in a short time, but its all going to go down hill sooner or later. Keeping your bankroll is the goal, so why do you think you've made it?
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      oh hai, I made 1400 this week-end
      OMGZ IM SOO AWWEESOOMMMMME!!!!1111!!ONEONEONE
    • erob60
      erob60
      Bronze
      I thought the first time round you claimed to be able to play roulette profitably and that was what people were mocking you for, not the poker.
    • Blackmagents
      Blackmagents
      Bronze
      Well to reply to all off you. I was told my roulette play sucked, and with the odds yes. Also i did play poker kinda bad. All i would do is get a few spins and win 40 bucks then go ot a table all in, steal some blinds get a call and get lucky.

Now you make a good point about BRM. And i knew full well what i am getting into but i already decided i'm going to slow it down now. I'm at $1677. However, playing those big limits you can't stay long, you get eaten alive because it's alot and all your money. Sure i know how to read players etc etc. But it's true playing like that is playing blackjack. At some point you will bust. to be honest i don't even want to enter in a 5/10 or even 10/20 table. I can do it, being a short stack but i would loose.

I am sticking to low MTT like $11 to sometime $33. I was doing heads up for now and won 6 in a row. (6x $11)

Now i guess your curious, why play normal now? What motivated me to be stupid and risk it all? Well, i just thought that if i'm going ot deposit 50 i would have to play for months before I'd make even 400. Sure safer, but i have other things in mind. Now being at 1677 i know that i gotta be smart.

I do0n't encourage anyone to play a full bankroll with 1000+. Maybe 50 cuz that isn't all that much. But 1000 won't fly around.

There's some other guy who posted, wining around 1500 in 1 week, i did it in 2 days, but the problem is he wasn't ready to play high limits. The stake is a different game. I think anyone reading this should keep well within their limits. The SSS is good but, obviously a lot of people will eat at you, basically your hoping for aces kings or queens or folding.

I think this site is great, now i wish that this site endorsed party poker cuz then i can get lots of points.

Well....I guess that's all i gota say....
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      I really hope this guy is a troll, for his own sake if nothing else.
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      top story...
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      Who said you've got to wait for months before you turn your initial 50 to 400 ?
      I agree, SSS has it disadvantages, but its perfect for begginers.And although I should admit you should not only have luck to come so far, you still have a lot to learn - about banroll management, and mostly about modesty and self-esteem.
      Dont be arrogant, some of the people who replied here are playing for a living(or sort of) for a looong time, and I believe we all have a thing to learn about them.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tzveti
      Who said you've got to wait for months before you turn your initial 50 to 400 ?I agree, SSS has it disadvantages, but its perfect for begginers.And although I should admit you should not only have luck to come so far, you still have a lot to learn - about banroll management, and mostly about modesty and self-esteem. Dont be arrogant, some of the people who replied here are playing for a living(or sort of) for a looong time, and I believe we all have a thing to learn about them.
      You don't have to wait for months to turn your initial 50$ into 400$, but by my experience you get further faster with a proper bankroll management and a solid strategy. Its easier to lose that first 50$ then to make it into 400$ in a day. Luck is a factor, but the lady can turn and then you need to be able to take the fall.

And I must be dumb, but I don't get half the stuff OP tries to write.
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      Yes, that's what I meant - you can turn your 50 into 400( or more IMO) with proper bankroll management and no risks, not according to our gambler here :)
    • Blackmagents
      Blackmagents
      Bronze
      Yea, you guys are right. It not luck, it's just i didn't get bad beats and i got my money in at a point where i had the best hand. But like i said i'm slowing it down. I am not going to touch 5/10 for a while. I play 1/2 because i'm comfortable there. I just played a table and got tripped up...not at once. I bought in for 200 came out with 607 or so. Now I'm at $2039. I am not risking my stack in a table. I may or may of got lucky but who doesn't get lucky.

Chris Moneymaker got very lucky to win WSOP. Did anyone see the 1 outer? On the river? But i'm sure after he played better and won the whole thing.

I don't have a job rite now, so i kinda am playing for a living. I want to make a good amount of money and then i can go on with my goals.

I agree with what you guys say.

The only reason i got this far is because every time i had my chips all in was with a good percentage and a good read.

Can anyone tell me if i can get points for playing party poker for this site? Or ...? Wud i have to register or somthing...?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Can you record a video session on NL 1k?) I would even buy one)
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      What if you put your money in and you loose against a better hand at the turn/river? You have no bankroll to cope with loosing one stack :) .