[NL2-NL10] NL4 AJs against two aggro players.

• ryciaga
      ryciaga
      Bronze
      Hello, I am writing about this hand, because I want to know, whether I played it correctly or just got lucky on the river.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $7,66
      Hero:
      $4,19
      MP1:
      $6,86
      MP2:
      $4,36
      MP3:
      $4
      CO:
      $7,44
      BU:
      $4,46

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , J:club:
      MP1 calls $0,04, 4 folds, SB raises to $0,08, Hero calls $0,04, MP1 calls $0,04.

Flop: ($0,24) T:club: , 9:heart: , 7:club: (3 players)
      SB bets $0,23, Hero calls $0,23, MP1 calls $0,23.

Turn: ($0,93) A:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $0,89, Hero calls $0,89, MP1 calls $0,89.

River: ($3,60) 3:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets $3,42, SB folds, Hero calls $2,99 (All-In).

Final Pot: $10,01

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows a pair of aces (Ad 8c)
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (Ac Jc)

Hero wins with a flush, ace high (Ac Jc)

Since it was a min raise, I thought I had a hand good enough to call here, flop brought me a nutflush draw and a gutshot, 12 outs if we exclude my Ace as an overcard.

I called the pot size bet because the opponent was quite aggressive before with air, and then when Ace came and he made the pot size bet again, is my call correct?

What about my river decision, if I have a loose opponent to act behind, is this ok, or should I bet first?
  • 5 replies
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      im thinking you might have gotten a squeeze play in preflop, but as played you seemed to play the hand ultra passively. any particular reason for this or do you do this everytime? Dont flat call pot size bets when you have much less equity, I feel, then 50% on that flop. either stick them with a raise on the flop, try to take it down, or take control of the betting, maybe get it in on that flop, or get the hell outta the way. what if you miss river? your ace doesnt look too good vs 2 players with that jack kicker...maybe not even vs 1 player lol..

my final analysis for wht its worth here is:
      -r/f preflop, if you just call here, then fold on flop to his pot size bet if you think a raise will not generate enough fold equity, or raise him to get it in on that flop, or win it right there.
      -you got married to the flush draw, but never really wanted to see the ace or str8 anyways
      -you lose value playing this hand like this over and over again for long run.
    • ryciaga
      ryciaga
      Bronze
      I disagree here, about that you don't want to see an ace card. His raise is just too small with AQ/AK preflop, so this does not count, maybe he raised 77/99, but even this doesn't seem possible, because the raise was just to small.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      it is very possible that he has a set here, or a hand that at least beats 1 pair. you can only expect the unexpected at these micro limits. a min raise is usually someone betting a small PP or hiding a big one, hoping to get raised so he can go all in preflop...wouldnt surprise me one bit if he raised that small. not everyone thinks like us, but im still not happy about turning an ace with that flop..it doesnt even really change wht he had on the flop imo. nor does it beat it.
      its just too thin a spot to be happy about in the future my friend.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ryciaga,

If you are going to play this way your river play then turn Call is really bad! Why ain't ya shipping the river yourself to avoid Check behind? You were mate really lucky to someone be so dumb to shove even there.

Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      hahahahahah