[NL2-NL10] SB AQs 3Bet

• ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      CBet or not to CBet? Should I have tried another on the Turn with my gutshot or played this right?

BTN: $12.57 (125.7 bb)
      Hero (SB): $10 (100 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      CO: $10.82 (108.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A Q
      CO raises to $0.40, BTN folds, Hero raises to $1.40, BB folds, CO calls $1.00

Flop: ($2.90) K 3 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, CO calls $1.80

Turn: ($6.50) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $7.62 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results: $6.50 pot ($0.29 rake)
      Final Board: K 3 2 T
      Hero mucked A Q and lost (-$3.20 net)
      CO mucked and won $6.21 ($3.01 net)
  • 3 replies
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey MattDenness,

Since I saw you became much more active in the forum I decided to help Veriz and take you as part of my Lesson 8 Homework. I think it would be nice if there were some stats but again it doesn t really matter.

Preflop: Since it is 4-handed I think people start calling looser so I actually like your 3bet and especially the raise sizes since I saw some complains about them. Of course you could consider calling but this way it is also fine and I like it more since it is for value.

Flop: Well the flop is just horrible for one Cbet because there are so many PP in his preflop calling range aswell some Kx hands (always take into account that he is thinking that it is 4way and that he has position). Of course we don t know the opponent but less assume that you have to options:
      overall image. It is kinda complicate but again I think it should be doable since on the flop a lot a) Check/Fold - This is no need to explain since the flop is bad for a Cbet and we are OOP
      b) Betting multiple streets - Well this case can happen if we would have some infos about or opponent( how much is he folding to Cbets on any streets) but since we dont have and it is a 3bet pot OOP I wouldn t rarely use this line (only when the opponent has something like FoldToCbetTurn >80%).

Best regards
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Can I have a Gold star? :f_biggrin:

Seat 5: Player5 ( $10.82 USD ) - VPIP: 20, PFR: 18, 3B: 16, AF: 2.5, Hands: 60

No details worth looking at with only 60 hands :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MattDenness,

Preflop: What's the opponent like you are 3betting against? Do you think he is capable of calling worse Ax/Qx hands?

As played
      Postflop: Do you think you will ever make something to fold like JJ/QQ with just one CB? So doesn't really make sense to CB it only once. Most likely I would just Check/Fold. Than donate money by CBetting only once.

Best Regards.