This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK vs Broadway????

• Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $0.96
      BU:
      $3.92
      SB (Hero):
      $2.51
      BB:
      $0.66
      UTG1:
      $2.33
      UTG2:
      $3.79
      MP1:
      $2.55
      MP2:
      $0.80
      MP3:
      $1.23

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      UTG1 calls $0.02, UTG2 raises to $0.04, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.04, 2 folds, BU calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.16, 2 folds, BU folds.

Flop: ($0.52) J, K, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, UTG2 calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.52) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.45, UTG2 raises to $2.90, Hero calls $0.36.

River: ($6.23) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $6.23.

Fair to go broke here after commitment? Or poor call?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Greedyfly,

Preflop: I would definitely raise it bigger preflop ~$0,28 even while there are too many callers and us even being OOP.

As played
      Postflop: Do you think he is going to pay you with a lot worse hands on the turn? A lot of Qx combos are there possible. Therefore I might even Check there and reevaluate his further actions. But as you do Bet then of course we are never folding.

Best Regards.
    • Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz,

Firstly thanks for all your help.

Secondly to answer your question I guess you are right. My thought process here was more based on his stats (he was 70 VPIP and 2.0 aggression), he had been showing up with a lot of 'any suited' and just rags with pictures. I figured max value was potential here though seeing it back I am not sure I like my play so much now.

As it is he turned up with Q3s so I luck boxed it.

As a further question/point; On the turn when the Ace drops are you check calling then or check folding?

AND as this happens a lot (strong hole cards JJ, QQ and KK) I suspect that C-bet any picture card on the flop is acceptable but if I get a call/raise what would you suggest on the turn and river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      As a further question/point; On the turn when the Ace drops are you check calling then or check folding?

Depends on the opponents bet size.

AND as this happens a lot (strong hole cards JJ, QQ and KK) I suspect that C-bet any picture card on the flop is acceptable but if I get a call/raise what would you suggest on the turn and river?

Didn't get the question. :( Just post the hand and we can take a look, hard to say without seeing the hand.