$3.79
      MP1:
      $2.55
      MP2:
      $0.80
      MP3:
      $1.23

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      UTG1 calls $0.02, UTG2 raises to $0.04, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.04, 2 folds, BU calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.16, 2 folds, BU folds.

Flop: ($0.52) J, K, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, UTG2 calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.52) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.45, UTG2 raises to $2.90, Hero calls $0.36.

River: ($6.23) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $6.23.

Fair to go broke here after commitment? Or poor call?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Greedyfly,

Preflop: I would definitely raise it bigger preflop ~$0,28 even while there are too many callers and us even being OOP.

As played
      Postflop: Do you think he is going to pay you with a lot worse hands on the turn? A lot of Qx combos are there possible. Therefore I might even Check there and reevaluate his further actions. But as you do Bet then of course we are never folding.

Best Regards.
    • Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz,

Firstly thanks for all your help.

Secondly to answer your question I guess you are right. My thought process here was more based on his stats (he was 70 VPIP and 2.0 aggression), he had been showing up with a lot of 'any suited' and just rags with pictures. I figured max value was potential here though seeing it back I am not sure I like my play so much now.

As it is he turned up with Q3s so I luck boxed it.

As a further question/point; On the turn when the Ace drops are you check calling then or check folding?

AND as this happens a lot (strong hole cards JJ, QQ and KK) I suspect that C-bet any picture card on the flop is acceptable but if I get a call/raise what would you suggest on the turn and river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      As a further question/point; On the turn when the Ace drops are you check calling then or check folding?

Depends on the opponents bet size.

AND as this happens a lot (strong hole cards JJ, QQ and KK) I suspect that C-bet any picture card on the flop is acceptable but if I get a call/raise what would you suggest on the turn and river?

Didn't get the question. :( Just post the hand and we can take a look, hard to say without seeing the hand.