Banging Ones Head Against A Wall Right Now

• sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      playing really fishy turbo stt on party

is it normal to run 100 buyins under ev?

never really played tourneys mainly cash...

the profit graph ev says i should be $300 up at $3 tournaments but im break even?

does it read right or does it only take into account the hands you go out the tourney in?

thanks in advance :)
  • 1 reply
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      The graph should show results of all tournies you've played, not any specific hands.
      It defo is possible to run 100 BI under EV over some period of time, just like it's possible to run 100 above EV one's whole life.
      SNGs can be swingy as shit so stay strong and improve your game, I'm sure there's plenty of leaks that you can plug!

Couple of things off the top of my head that you can look at (using articles, the free program ICM Trainer and vids on ps.com or by self-study) are:
      how you play premiums in the Early Stage, your own raise sizes during the different stages(3x early, 2,5x middle, push/fold late), look at your individual pushes and assess their profitability (ex. do I push tighter here?), look how you play on the bubble (when there's 4 people), make sure you don't waste chips away getting involved with weakish hands (like in one can in cash), check out your calls when you have 10 or less BBs and make sure they're not too light (especially on the bubble), and finally post hands that you're not 100% sure of in the evaluation forum and your graph should be getting better!

The $3s on Party shouldn't be hard to beat!

Matt