fold, Hero raises to $0.57, fold, fold, BB calls $0.37

FLOP ($1.24) 2:diamond: 3:spade: 8:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.80, BB calls $0.80

TURN ($2.84) 2:diamond: 3:spade: 8:heart: A:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $2.13, BB raises to $4.26, Hero calls $2.13

RIVER ($11.36) 2:diamond: 3:spade: 8:heart: A:heart: 5:heart:

BB bets $5.17 (AI), Hero calls $5.17

72/39/3.6, 38 hands

I didn't kwnow what to do and the time ran out on turn so I called. But I think if the plan is to call the river then better to get it in on turn aganist half stack to get value from draws. He is agresive so folding probably would be too weak. He might probably value raise even 8x or pure bluff.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Well, I wouldn't most likely Bet the turn in first place but rather just Check behind and let him bluff on the river. :) And even if I would be betting the turn then it's for me Bet/Fold without even knowing much about the opponent. It doesn't change much either you hit on the flop or turn.

But as you Call then FD even completes on the river which could be his semi-bluffing range there and you just beat PURE BLUFF and that's it.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Well, I wouldn't most likely Bet the turn in first place but rather just Check behind and let him bluff on the river.

I didn't want to let him catch a third heart if he has FD, so thats why I bet turn. Plus this is a good card for bluffs, so he might think I am bluffing and call with 2nd pair
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Well, I wouldn't most likely Bet the turn in first place but rather just Check behind and let him bluff on the river.

I didn't want to let him catch a third heart if he has FD, so thats why I bet turn. Plus this is a good card for bluffs, so he might think I am bluffing and call with 2nd pair
      And you really think those players think that far? :) Especially on NL20.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      And you really think those players think that far?

they maybe do not think that A is good card for bluff, but they just think that I am always bluffing so they have to call with 2nd pair. They rarely believe until they see showdown.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      And you really think those players think that far?

they maybe do not think that A is good card for bluff, but they just think that I am always bluffing so they have to call with 2nd pair. They rarely believe until they see showdown.
      Well, still a Check back for me to induce them to bluff on river. :P