fl ? nl ? sng ?

• Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      I'm wondering could someone make overall compare between playing FL, NL and SNG. Recently i've been FL most, also couple freeroll sngs and i can't really decide which one should i play.
  • 7 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      well, FL has fixed betting rounds. In NL there's no limit, you bet however much you want, up to your stack. In SNG's, it basically the same thing as NL, except you buy-in once, and if you lose your stack, you're out. the top 2-3 places pay.

sorry for the excessive sarcasm, but really it's up to you, whatever you prefer. Try a bit of everything (in play moniez if you want) and just learn the variant you like the most :)
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      I began with cash, then switched to SnG.. The reason is that more or less I rarely lose my temper playing SnG. Of course downswings are inevitable, but I just feel calmer at SNGs. After all, the pleasure from the game is still a factor, not just grind, grind, grind.

Especially in the push-or-fold mode there's a significant luck factor in the short-term of 3-4 tournaments, but in the long-term correctly estimating the situations and successfully applying the ICM obviously is decisive.

For now my ROI at SNG's is much better compared to cash, but I don't have enough games played to estimate it in general.

Besides, at least at Mansion the points are gained much faster playing SNG(looking forward to the extra 100$ and after receiving it, I plan a cashout :P )

As for FL, I've never tried it.

But I guess you have to try yourself and eventually choose the game that best suits you..
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Thanks for answers but i'm wondering is there any future in FL ? because looks like most money lay in toruneys/NL
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      No there is no future in playing low stakes fixed limit online. (assuming you play low stakes).

I started with Cash and struggled on it, then read articles and began playing SNG.

I think most people should stick with cash tables(NL) to build a steady bankroll. But since you play a lot of FL, you might want to stick with FL depending on how much you win per hour and if you can risk your money in no-limit.

The problem with me was that I didn't like taking money to a table where others had less or more, I like even number stacks, thats why I prefer Sit and Go.

Just a way to look at it to differentiate. Hope this helps!

Good luck!
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Puciek
      Thanks for answers but i'm wondering is there any future in FL ? because looks like most money lay in toruneys/NL
      Hi Puciek,

Of course there is a future in FL! In fact most of our Black Members and highly successful players are FL players. It is simply a different format from NL and requires a different style - but money can be made in all formats!

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • roshe40
      roshe40
      Bronze
      I actually started out playing FL cash games exclusively, because it was actually more popular than NL when I first learned to play a few years ago. I only made the switch to NL cash games because virtually everyone else did, and I struggled greatly with it at first.

I then I tried NL MTTs with limited success. I have now been playing SNGs exclusively for about 6 weeks now, and I think I have found MY game. I think it is good to get some experience at all of these game types because many ideas do cross over.

In time, you will find the one you like the most. It is usually the one you are the most successful at - winning is certainly fun!
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Well i will stick to FL then, i pretty much like it and can multitable without any problem :)