Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($10.37)
      UTG+1 ($5)
      BTN ($10.27)
      SB ($4.80)
      Hero (BB) ($10)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is BB A:diamond: K:club:
      2 folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+1 checks, 1 fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.60, 1 fold, SB calls $0.50

Flop: 4:spade: 6:diamond: 5:diamond: ($1.20, 0 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: Q:spade: ($1.20, 0 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.83

v:38/0
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nipbourne,

Most likely against such a loose opponent I would be Checking the flop then I would also Check it on the turn cause it's more likely that he will Call you on the turn with any pair anyways and other hands you beat with Ace high.

Best Regards.
    • eSKavuS
      eSKavuS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello nipbourne,

Most likely against such a loose opponent I would be Checking the flop then I would also Check it on the turn cause it's more likely that he will Call you on the turn with any pair anyways and other hands you beat with Ace high.

Best Regards.
      Is it a big mistake to bet this turn? I think we still value vs a lot of draws and we can cbh river and win with our A high.

Let's say we check the turn and the river blanks. Can we call a 1/2 bet with A high for showdown value? He's likely to bluff 1 street not over 1/2 size of the pot and since we took such a passive line he will likely bet his trash when the river bricks.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Is it a big mistake to bet this turn? I think we still value vs a lot of draws and we can cbh river and win with our A high.

I wouldn't say so that it's a mistake, we definitely have fold equity. But if the opponent has been passive then it means he doesn't have a hand anyways and we might easily get a free showdown with our Ace high.

Let's say we check the turn and the river blanks. Can we call a 1/2 bet with A high for showdown value?

Not really, then rather Bet the turn for free showdown.