[NL20-NL50] sh 25 Q8s 3bet OOP

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1625193
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $25.35 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 20, 3B: 5, AF: 3.0, Hands: 66

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with Q :club: 8 :club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, CO calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.10) 3 :club: 6 :spade: 5 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, CO calls $3.50

Turn: ($12.10) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($12.10) T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Villain's F3bet is 80%. Once he calls on the flop I continuing barreling on the turn makes sense since his range of calling pf+flop is composed mainly of 2pairs, SC's that hit somehow this board and prolly improved on this turn,sets,88-JJ, flush draws.
      Given that he would raise most of his value hands if I bet on the turn I decided to check, and gave up on the river.
  • 4 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      This board is actually good to triple barrel imo. I'd barrel turn and river as well.

As played: I would try to bet $10 on the river. :D
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ragney
      This board is actually good to triple barrel imo. I'd barrel turn and river as well.

Guess the reason behind this is that you would expect him to raise most of his value hands on the turn hence when he calls turn he is very likely to fold vs river barrel.
      Right, sir?
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      Originally posted by ragney

Guess the reason behind this is that you would expect him to raise most of his value hands on the turn hence when he calls turn he is very likely to fold vs river barrel.
      Right, sir?
      Yes, hence the triple barrel. If he is calling flop with 77-JJ, he will call turn and fold to river. If he is on a draw, he did not hit the turn, he will fold to turn bet. He CAN have 44 but its a SMALL part of his range.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think turn barrel with extra equity should be fine. He would likely not fold pairs to your turn bet but you prepare nice river shove and you get him fold his floats

best regards,