This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] sh 25 AK OOP vs tight reg

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1625216
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $44.81 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 15, 3B: 8, AF: 1.4, Hands: 162

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with A :diamond: K :heart:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.75, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, MP calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.10) T :heart: 2 :heart: 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $2.53, Hero folds

Villain is tight reg so I assigned him a pretty narrow range made of middle pairs 88-JJ, AK, maybe AQs and some bigger SC's 9Ts, TJs + KQs, QJs, AJs.

Realistic range? And against a range like that I decided to c/f, don't think barreling is any good since he will have either made hands, or hands with good equity that he would keep calling with.
  • 4 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Why don't call preflop if you think his range is too tight for a 3bet pot?

Postflop: I would cbet about 60% , he doesn't look to be aggressive.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ragney

I would be quite lost calling OOP, can you give some guidelines on how you would play a spot like this after you call OOP?
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      Originally posted by ragney

I would be quite lost calling OOP, can you give some guidelines on how you would play a spot like this after you call OOP?
      Sorry I thought you were BU, my mistake. Both 3bet and flat calling is fine. On this board and since he is abit tight I would try a 60% barrel since we have overcards.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

to me it is standard c-bet. EVen if he caught some of his flop you always have option to double barrel on Q and hearts+ you can bet for value on K and A turns.

And it is always better than c/f sometimes the best hand

Best regards,