[NL20-NL50] sh 25 JJ OOP vs tight 3bettor

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1625244
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $37.47 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 14, 3B: 5, AF: 4.0, Hands: 72

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with J :club: J :diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.87, 1 fold, BTN raises to $2.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5.60, BTN raises to $37.47, Hero calls $19.75 all in

Should I play differently this spot vs tight 3betors ? The other play that I usually see is calling preflop and, if it is a reg, he is 80-90% of the time having TT or JJ and I think this would make my opponent's play perfectly against me. I don't have any standard range for calling a 3bet OOP, should I change this?
  • 5 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      I'd call his 3bet. Its kinda small. Postflop depending on board, if dry go for potcontrol (care on barrels though). If its a wetboard than rather fold , its really hard OOP.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Going for a 4bet here is a bit over-valued and you at the best face AK here. :) So not even worth going for the 4bet but rather just Call and play it postflop.

Why do you think a reg would even 3bet you with TT/JJ? :) Most likely he wouldn't and neither you can't base on those stats if he would ever do that. Overall seems to be like a pretty nitty opponent and who will mainly have a very strong range there.

Best Regards.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Going for a 4bet here is a bit over-valued and you at the best face AK here. :) So not even worth going for the 4bet but rather just Call and play it postflop.

Why do you think a reg would even 3bet you with TT/JJ? :) Most likely he wouldn't and neither you can't base on those stats if he would ever do that. Overall seems to be like a pretty nitty opponent and who will mainly have a very strong range there.

Best Regards.
      What else am I calling OOP here then? TT and?
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Why do you think a reg would even 3bet you with TT/JJ? :) .
      Really? Why is JJ not a 3bet on the btn..

I play nl20 and 3betting JJ would be nothing out the ordinary and loads of regs do 3bet it.

You can obviously flat and play position postflop but then you have the issue of ugly boards and the fact you could of gained instant profit by making AJ, AQ,A10, KQ, fold pre. Plus if they call you are still often ahead.

I also feel dont you polarize your range too much to monsters if you arent willing to 3bet UTG with JJ at least occasionally?

In this example i agree flat the 3bet and play postflop, especially against such a tight opponent.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What else am I calling OOP here then? TT and?

Maybe even smaller PPs cause we are getting really good odds for set mining. So most likely even 66+.

Really? Why is JJ not a 3bet on the btn..

And what's your plan if he 4bets you? :D

a) You are against a UTG range.
      b) We don't know how hero plays but we could assume ha plays rather reg type and tighter.

So I only see reason to Call and play postflop cause if I would be 3betting then we have to fold to 4bet or do you plan for the stacks vs tight UTG range who is reg?

I also feel dont you polarize your range too much to monsters if you arent willing to 3bet UTG with JJ at least occasionally?

Why? Who said I am just 3betting with KK+? There are a lot other hands which we could be 3betting as either a bluff or whatsoever. JJ is a perfect hands which we could play against a tightt reg by just flatting and playing postflop. Also on those stakes we wont be talking about polarizing ranges at all preflop, I doubt that people are thinking that far there.