This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl20 Sh Ak

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I folded this hand:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($26.28)
      Hero ($30.72)
      CO ($20)
      BTN ($19.70)

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: T:heart:

CO raises to $0.60, fold, SB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.40, fold, SB raises to $7.80, fold

SB wins $5.40

and the next hand is:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($28.32)
      BB ($20)
      CO ($20)
      BTN ($29.28)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:club:

fold, BTN raises to $0.57, Hero raises to $1.91, fold, BTN raises to $5.93, Hero raises to $28.32 (AI), BTN calls $22.39

BTN: 46/31/4.5, 3bet 17.4, 87 hands

I usually would not 5bet/push for 140 bb with AK, even fish can fold, but two hands in a row he forces me to fold, and from the stats we see that he is agro, so I decided to push. BUt I believe I could be wrong.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Well, both hands are kind of played not the best way. :P

a) Why do you 3bet/Fold vs SB? He could easily be even flatting there with worse PPs and just overcards and seeing you having a perfect spot to squeeze. So I might even play for the stacks here without any table dynamics.

b) What's the usual plan with the 3bet there of yours, especially against those loose opponents who steal a lot from the BTN? Most likely we plan to go broke with our AKo, so therefore I doubt I would play it any differently either if I see the opponent being very aggressive. Another possibility would be of course to just flat and play postflop. :)

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      a) Why do you 3bet/Fold vs SB? He could easily be even flatting there with worse PPs and just overcards and seeing you having a perfect spot to squeeze. So I might even play for the stacks here without any table dynamics.

For 130 bb with TT without having info I could not believe I can stack off, especially without dynamics. If I would have seen him doing raises before, then I would have at least considered.

b) What's the usual plan with the 3bet there of yours, especially against those loose opponents who steal a lot from the BTN? Most likely we plan to go broke with our AKo,

My plan 3bet broke if the stack was not 140 bbs. Or I should kwow that he is capable stack off with AQ for such amount. Otherwise agaisnt JJ+ not that good. But now as I saw play the hand before, I thought he turned on maniac style, so tried to fight.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      1) thats a 39bb!!! 4bet. Unless you have more reads I'd fold as well.

2) thats also a too big 4bet and usually strong. Being deep I'd fold it vs his 4bet. We're flipping vs JJ-QQ, semi-dead vs KK-AA and I'm not sure if he has AQ on his range.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      My plan 3bet broke if the stack was not 140 bbs. Or I should kwow that he is capable stack off with AQ for such amount. Otherwise agaisnt JJ+ not that good. But now as I saw play the hand before, I thought he turned on maniac style, so tried to fight.

You should already have a plan with your 3bet there. :) For me there is no point to 3bet against a maniac without having a plan to go broke. Rather than just flat and play it postflop.

Especially if you also were squeezing and 3betting him couple of times, he could easily start playing back.