I folded this hand:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($26.28)
      Hero ($30.72)
      CO ($20)
      BTN ($19.70)

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: T:heart:

CO raises to $0.60, fold, SB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.40, fold, SB raises to $7.80, fold

SB wins $5.40

and the next hand is:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($28.32)
      BB ($20)
      CO ($20)
      BTN ($29.28)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:club:

fold, BTN raises to $0.57, Hero raises to $1.91, fold, BTN raises to $5.93, Hero raises to $28.32 (AI), BTN calls $22.39

BTN: 46/31/4.5, 3bet 17.4, 87 hands

I usually would not 5bet/push for 140 bb with AK, even fish can fold, but two hands in a row he forces me to fold, and from the stats we see that he is agro, so I decided to push. BUt I believe I could be wrong.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Well, both hands are kind of played not the best way. :P

a) Why do you 3bet/Fold vs SB? He could easily be even flatting there with worse PPs and just overcards and seeing you having a perfect spot to squeeze. So I might even play for the stacks here without any table dynamics.

b) What's the usual plan with the 3bet there of yours, especially against those loose opponents who steal a lot from the BTN? Most likely we plan to go broke with our AKo, so therefore I doubt I would play it any differently either if I see the opponent being very aggressive. Another possibility would be of course to just flat and play postflop. :)

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      a) Why do you 3bet/Fold vs SB? He could easily be even flatting there with worse PPs and just overcards and seeing you having a perfect spot to squeeze. So I might even play for the stacks here without any table dynamics.

For 130 bb with TT without having info I could not believe I can stack off, especially without dynamics. If I would have seen him doing raises before, then I would have at least considered.

b) What's the usual plan with the 3bet there of yours, especially against those loose opponents who steal a lot from the BTN? Most likely we plan to go broke with our AKo,

My plan 3bet broke if the stack was not 140 bbs. Or I should kwow that he is capable stack off with AQ for such amount. Otherwise agaisnt JJ+ not that good. But now as I saw play the hand before, I thought he turned on maniac style, so tried to fight.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      1) thats a 39bb!!! 4bet. Unless you have more reads I'd fold as well.

2) thats also a too big 4bet and usually strong. Being deep I'd fold it vs his 4bet. We're flipping vs JJ-QQ, semi-dead vs KK-AA and I'm not sure if he has AQ on his range.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      My plan 3bet broke if the stack was not 140 bbs. Or I should kwow that he is capable stack off with AQ for such amount. Otherwise agaisnt JJ+ not that good. But now as I saw play the hand before, I thought he turned on maniac style, so tried to fight.

You should already have a plan with your 3bet there. :) For me there is no point to 3bet against a maniac without having a plan to go broke. Rather than just flat and play it postflop.

Especially if you also were squeezing and 3betting him couple of times, he could easily start playing back.