Posting Pictures in Thread

• 26 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey veneer nice to see you getting invloved in the blogs i'll check it out after this :)

First find a picture you would like to post and save it to your computer

Go to tinypic.com or imageshack.com and upload the picture there

When you have uploaded it you will be taken to a page with some links copy the one that says something like "forum code" and then paste it here badabing badaboom

Im sure someone told me there was a quicker and easier way to do it but this is how i do it :)

Carl
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      As far as I know basic members can't directly post pictures into threads. Pretty sure it used to be that way, could be wrong.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DannyG13
      As far as I know basic members can't directly post pictures into threads. Pretty sure it used to be that way, could be wrong.
      Ahh yeah this could also be true :D

You would think that i should know something like this right? :f_biggrin:
    • trickybob
      trickybob
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I had similar issues, but I am old.

If you use imageshack, copy the "direct link" http.

Then just open the "insert image" button and paste.

If you want to add youtube videos then copy the http address at the top of the youtube page and paste it into the "youtube" button. Don't use the share/embed feature.

Get your signature on your blog too, so that all posts have that link - I had problems with achieving this, but emailed support and they did it straight away.
    • verneer
      verneer
      Bronze
      Thanks for the quick replies! What sort of things can/can't I put in my signature? Can I put my Twitter name for example?

How do I get in touch with support to ask them about turning on my pictures option? I think it will make my blog much more user-friendly.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      In your signature we generally ask for you not to put in things like facebook, twitters, skypes etc, both to prtoect you guys from being spammed and incase it leads to other affiliate sites/links and such

Trust you understand

Carl
    • verneer
      verneer
      Bronze
      Definitely. I tend to err on the side of caution when I'm new to a forum until I get a better sense of dos and don'ts.

That said ... what can I and what can't I include in my signature?
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Well basically as long as you aren't linking to another affiliate or to something that could include links to another affiliate (like twitter/fb) then whatever you want you can always let one of us mods know what you want to include via a pm and we can double check if you are worried about it :)

Carl
    • verneer
      verneer
      Bronze
      Haha ... I can't send a PM. Damn - I feel like a leper ATM :(
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by verneer
      You need to add a user as a friend before you cam PM them.

This is to avoid People/Bots spamming users :)
    • verneer
      verneer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Originally posted by verneer
      You need to add a user as a friend before you cam PM them.

This is to avoid People/Bots spamming users :)
      "Unfortunately you dont have the required status yet. You need at least Bronze status to invite friends."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisyphus :)

Since I'm American, I don't think I'll be able to get Bronze status, right?
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      You can buy your status, the min you can get is silver, but I wish that administration would give you one for free.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      lol sigh sorry i just keep setting you up to fail don't i :D

I think i can add you though let me check
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      awwww :D poor guy!

i'm sorry but i find it a little bit funny that such a poker superstar like you is going through these things. like brad pitt not able to get parking in the golden globe awards. hehe. thanks for being such a nice guy though, i just became a fan.

you can add your blog in your sig. :D that's something you can do! hehe...
      i also tried to fix the pics in your blog but i apparently lack the ninja powers to do so. will ask about this for you. :f_love:

in the meantime, as a US Resident, you cannot play tracked on any of our sites. but you can buy your way out of "leper" status :D (just makes me LOL) for just $19. once you are bronze+ you never go back to being basic. check out the info here:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/buy-points/

smiles,
      wendy

PS no need to send a PM, you can email our beautiful Community Manager Ingrid for any questions. i'll ask her to pop by here :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey again,

We can now upgrade your signature as well. Except your blog, what else would you like me to state? I've added you in community tool so you can send me a pm with the relevant links if you don't want to discuss this here.

@everyone who helped out, thank you guys :)

ps: and yes, it's correct that while you're wearing the basic coat you can't add users or upload pics or enter some parts of the forum.

Hope this helps
      Ingrid
    • verneer
      verneer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizzyou can add your blog in your sig. :D that's something you can do! hehe...
      i also tried to fix the pics in your blog but i apparently lack the ninja powers to do so. will ask about this for you. :f_love:
      Wendy,

Look at me now - all able to have a signature and pictures!

Much better :D

IngridN - thank you for all your help as well :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      aww... here's my babies! Kira and Basalicom!

and you're welcome :)
    • verneer
      verneer
      Bronze
      The cuteness! I love it.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      haha im very happy for you :D . ingrid's got it sorted. she's the queen bee around here :s_love:
      nice shiny diamond you seem to be sporting now.

is that your dog? how beautiful.

ingi: is basalicom = basil's official name? wow i learn something new everyday :D