Hi^^

• M0na1isa
      M0na1isa
      Bronze
      Hello Children ^^

I'm Shafa, originally from Iran and live in London. I'm 29 years old and been playing poker since I was a kid (parents bad influence ;) ). I started playing five card draw because it was a regular game back then in Iran. I was introduced to Hold'em when I moved to London in 2009. I have been running good ever since. Not much to brag about but I did ok :)
      I started playing £1 - £2 NLHE Live. Then switched to online after awhile. I play NLHE cash games now, usually $3 - $6 and MTT tournaments which I really enjoy. Have won a few, around 20 FTs and 100 or so ITMs.
      was a FTP regular and sadly got my bankroll stuck in there since suspension. I trusted FTP more than my bank which now I know was stupid :)
      Since that hit I have stopped playing but right now I'm getting ready to get back in the game.
      Never been much of a forum guy but when I saw this one kinda liked it and I plan to make it my home, make friends and learn a lot.
      Have passed the quiz ^^ and right now kinda doing a bit of test runs in different poker rooms to find my new office ;)

Cheers,
      Shafa :s_cool:
  • 4 replies
    • greenman6969
      greenman6969
      Bronze
      Welcome :) good luck at the tables
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey Shafa,

warm welcome to the forums! :D nice little intro you got there.

seems like you are very experienced already. im really happy you like it here and plan to post a lot more :) . the community is awesome (at least i think so :D ). shame about FTP :( really sucked for a lot of us. but what can we do but pick up the pieces and move on, right?

are you starting from scratch? maybe some epic challenge incoming? turn your $50 into mirrions? :D

looking forward to lots more posts from you.

smiles,
      wendy
    • M0na1isa
      M0na1isa
      Bronze
      Thank you Wendy :)
      Well to be honest I was just thinking about that. I just received my $50 and going to grind a bit to get back in shape before any new investment.
      I'm not sure if I'm going to start with low limits and grind my way up again or not, this $50 is going to help me decide ^^
      Couple of weeks ago friend of mine forced me to play a MTT on PStars, $11 freezeout, 10,500 something entrants. I went deep as there was only 52 players remaining but I fell asleep and when I woke up had been already eliminated and ended up 35th. That could've been a nice come back if I could've stayed awake but it also meant I got a bit rusty ;)
      Thanks again for the warm welcome. Started playing on Titan Poker for now, we'll post how it goes ^^

Cheers,
      Shafa :s_cool:
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      how could you fall asleep? :facepalm: like facedown on your laptop? oh my.

but anyway :D hopefully i will see you starting an epic challenge thread in GPD forum (General Poker Discussions) soon.

let us know!