This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hi^^

• M0na1isa
      M0na1isa
      Bronze
      Hello Children ^^

I'm Shafa, originally from Iran and live in London. I'm 29 years old and been playing poker since I was a kid (parents bad influence ;) ). I started playing five card draw because it was a regular game back then in Iran. I was introduced to Hold'em when I moved to London in 2009. I have been running good ever since. Not much to brag about but I did ok :)
      I started playing £1 - £2 NLHE Live. Then switched to online after awhile. I play NLHE cash games now, usually $3 - $6 and MTT tournaments which I really enjoy. Have won a few, around 20 FTs and 100 or so ITMs.
      was a FTP regular and sadly got my bankroll stuck in there since suspension. I trusted FTP more than my bank which now I know was stupid :)
      Since that hit I have stopped playing but right now I'm getting ready to get back in the game.
      Never been much of a forum guy but when I saw this one kinda liked it and I plan to make it my home, make friends and learn a lot.
      Have passed the quiz ^^ and right now kinda doing a bit of test runs in different poker rooms to find my new office ;)

Cheers,
      Shafa :s_cool:
  • 4 replies
    • greenman6969
      greenman6969
      Bronze
      Welcome :) good luck at the tables
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey Shafa,

warm welcome to the forums! :D nice little intro you got there.

seems like you are very experienced already. im really happy you like it here and plan to post a lot more :) . the community is awesome (at least i think so :D ). shame about FTP :( really sucked for a lot of us. but what can we do but pick up the pieces and move on, right?

are you starting from scratch? maybe some epic challenge incoming? turn your $50 into mirrions? :D

looking forward to lots more posts from you.

smiles,
      wendy
    • M0na1isa
      M0na1isa
      Bronze
      Thank you Wendy :)
      Well to be honest I was just thinking about that. I just received my $50 and going to grind a bit to get back in shape before any new investment.
      I'm not sure if I'm going to start with low limits and grind my way up again or not, this $50 is going to help me decide ^^
      Couple of weeks ago friend of mine forced me to play a MTT on PStars, $11 freezeout, 10,500 something entrants. I went deep as there was only 52 players remaining but I fell asleep and when I woke up had been already eliminated and ended up 35th. That could've been a nice come back if I could've stayed awake but it also meant I got a bit rusty ;)
      Thanks again for the warm welcome. Started playing on Titan Poker for now, we'll post how it goes ^^

Cheers,
      Shafa :s_cool:
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      how could you fall asleep? :facepalm: like facedown on your laptop? oh my.

but anyway :D hopefully i will see you starting an epic challenge thread in GPD forum (General Poker Discussions) soon.

let us know!