Bradoblogger - MAYbe a good month?

• bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Hi

I'm back from Mexico, completely broke and wanting to play some poker again. I started with $22 on William Hill, I have been playing 2NL 6max and now I have almost $28

What a start!

Anyway I guess I am starting this blog cos I like to have a bit of a blog going when I'm playing.

I'm gonna try to work my way up the cash games this time because
      a) The hours I spent grinding tournies just killed me
      b) I feel like I'm so so weak at deepstacked play I really have to try and do it
      c) I really want to play some live poker and I think this'll lead into it quite well.

Hopefully I can get to 25NL pretty quickly so it feels like there's a little bit of point to it all.

I'm going to move to wellington at the end of Feb so if there's any wellingtonians here let me know.

See you in the future

Brad
  • 34 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I don't usually make these kind of posts but someone has to finally say it before Ingrid does so..

hello and good luck!
    • bazerk
      bazerk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      I don't usually make these kind of posts but someone has to finally say it before Ingrid does so..

hello and good luck!
      Dude, spoiler that sh!t, I almost had a heart attack!

Welcome home Brad and GL also :s_cool:
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      wtf dude, you used to be a diamond member here?

contact me in community if you want a stake.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Hey thanks for all the welcoming Bazerk and Nightfrostass

Wasy8 - yes I was diamond a long time ago and now I'm half-stacking at 2NL :s_frown:

Anyway the trip to Mexico was completely worth it

I have been staked before and considered applying for one again but I guess the main reason I didn't is that I want to keep poker a hobby this time (as opposed to a borderline addiction) and having a stake always puts pressure on to get volume in, whether intentionally or not.

Thanks for the offer though I'll have a serious think about it and get back to you. I guess 2NL is pretty pointless not just financially but in terms of developing as a player
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Sup Brado

Get the fuck off the 2NL tables idiot, its a waste of life.

I'll loan u some cash if u want
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      true true. No one's respecting my raises down here anyway. If you're giving hand outs I'll happily take one.

Wasy8 not really keen for a stake sorry, don't think it would be great for you anyway cos I think I'll be playing like 2.5k hands/month max
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      lol poor brado ill stake you too (he bought my action a few times)
      I miss the diamond too not tracked on the stars
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      At least I got in before they got rid of the free diamond T-shirts. I've got mine on today to remind me of the good old days.

Anyway cheers for all the offers, first thing I need to do is patch my game together and get a bit of discipline back. Might as well do that while a spewed off stack only costs me $1
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Well I took a loan for $500 and started at 10NL rather than 25NL so that I wouldn't have to move down if things didn't start well.
      Feel like my game is coming together now, have 1100 hands in now. 10NL is real soft which is a good thing and my mistakes are getting a bit less frequent.

I'm finding mid-strength hands OOP are so hard to play so I'll try to work on that

This is a bit of a weird one I sort of looked at the screen after the turn bet and thought "how am I in this situation?" On the turn he timed down for aaaaages before calling so I bet again on the river and turned it into a bluff.

I don't know. It's ugly

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($11.01)
      BB ($21.88)
      UTG ($10)
      CO ($18.39)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero 8:club: 8:heart:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($0.70) A:diamond: 6:spade: 3:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

TURN ($1.50) A:diamond: 6:spade: 3:spade: 9:heart:

Hero bets $0.90, BTN calls $0.90

RIVER ($3.30) A:diamond: 6:spade: 3:spade: 9:heart: T:diamond:

Hero bets $2, BTN folds
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I've been surprisingly busy the last few weeks since I got back from Mexico but i've had a chance to start grinding a tiny bit.

I moved to 16NL on stars cos I'm rolled for it so I thought that's as good a reason as any. It seems very soft but I've been running really well so after a few more hands I'll decide just how soft it is.

Running at 30bb/100 hands after 2.6k hands now. Happy days

I'm getting a bit tired of the jobhunting scene so I've decided to try and learn how to do some programming and eventually make a robot, something simple and do-able. So I started "doing some research" today and found some "useful information" on youtube

I'm kind of surprised how good these are:

I seriously think within 20 years we'll have to watch out for bots on the live circuit.
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      Well I took a loan for $500 and started at 10NL rather than 25NL so that I wouldn't have to move down if things didn't start well.
      Feel like my game is coming together now, have 1100 hands in now. 10NL is real soft which is a good thing and my mistakes are getting a bit less frequent.

I'm finding mid-strength hands OOP are so hard to play so I'll try to work on that

This is a bit of a weird one I sort of looked at the screen after the turn bet and thought "how am I in this situation?" On the turn he timed down for aaaaages before calling so I bet again on the river and turned it into a bluff.

I don't know. It's ugly

NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($11.01)
      BB ($21.88)
      UTG ($10)
      CO ($18.39)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero 8:club: 8:heart:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($0.70) A:diamond: 6:spade: 3:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

TURN ($1.50) A:diamond: 6:spade: 3:spade: 9:heart:

Hero bets $0.90, BTN calls $0.90

RIVER ($3.30) A:diamond: 6:spade: 3:spade: 9:heart: T:diamond:

Hero bets $2, BTN folds
      What is your reasoning behind check/calling the flop? You can easily rep an ace.

Is the bet on the turn for value or a bluff?

If for value, why? You are only occasionally getting called by a 6. More often A/flush draw/9/pair.

If for a bluff, why? Villain is practically always going to call when he c-bet flop. (ie. He is not going to believe your line)
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      This is to wrap up my feburary. I was working at my stepdads glassblowing studio all month making glass art stuff which has been really cool and pretty succesfull.

Now the time has come to move on, there's only so long you can stay at your mums place and for me it's about a month. I'm moving to Wellington this saturday, haven't got a job lined up but I've managed to save a bit this month and I have the dole too.

I've been playing mostly 16NL this month, had a week off work when an experienced glassblower came along and took my job so I played way more than I expected. Just over 8k hands. NL16 is very soft, softer than I expected. I ran really well at the start but i've been spewing a bit the whole time. I keep making terrible moves for unknown reasons. Anyway it's coming under control so if I keep working on my game I think I'll carve up this month.

Here's the graph and stats from that. If anyone thinks anything of the stats let me know. I feel like I'm playing way under the level that I'm capable of but I've reviewd a lot and it's helped.

I'm gonna lay out some goals for March.
      [ ] Get a job (ASAP)
      [ ] Keep reviewing every day
      [ ] Play better - Mainly by reducing spewy moves
      [ ] Get silver status - this is gonna be a pain in the arse and require some money shifting around but it's gotta be done so I can get a few videos in.

BObama thanks for the feedback, I think it's really a c/f flop situation. So spewy the way I played it.

Roll is at $634, if it gets to $750-$800ish I'll take a stab at 25NL
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Came to Wellington on Sunday night. It's my second day here now, staying at a friends parents til I find a flat of my own. Been playing a bit of poker the last couple a days and it's been going quite well, a lot of it has been HU superturbos cos they seem soft and dont take much brainpower.

Got against this one fishy as guy who rematched me about 10 times. Not only was he bad but I ran like a god and sucked out heaps too. He now thinks everyone from NZ and the Isle of Man are bots.

anyway here's a hand from todays cash game session:

NL Holdem $0.16(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25.67)
      BB ($5.76)
      UTG ($16)
      UTG+1 ($16.48)
      CO ($20.62)
      Hero ($47.41)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:heart:

UTG raises to $0.48, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.60, fold, fold, UTG calls $1.12

FLOP ($3.44) 9:club: 9:heart: 8:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $2.30, UTG calls $2.30

TURN ($8.04) 9:club: 9:heart: 8:club: 7:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $3.84, UTG raises to $12.10 (AI), Hero calls $8.26

RIVER ($32.24) 9:club: 9:heart: 8:club: 7:club: A:club:

Hero shows Q:club: Q:heart:
      (Pre 79%, Flop 89.0%, Turn 81.8%)

UTG shows 6:spade: 6:diamond:
      (Pre 21%, Flop 11.0%, Turn 18.2%)

Hero wins $30.79

The guy was 19/16 pre but seemed to call way too much postflop. I was going to bet/fold the turn but then I thought my odds were pretty good. I dunno if it's a good call but the results say yes it was
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I moved up to NL25 last week. Have only played about 500 hands so far, the dynamic felt slightly different to 16NL, a bit less fishy but everyone seems very sticky.

I'm playing these hyper-turbo HU sngs, first $3.50's then when I hit $700 I went to the $7's.
      I started just doing them at for a laugh but then I thought these are so soft and I'm raking it in (by my standards) without any effort at all.
      I keep wanting to play more cash but I look at this graph and just cant stop playing these.

>30BI over EV

Soon I will switch back, at least partly, to cash games. I'm planning on waiting til my roll is enough to split it and play with $750 on stars and $750 on partypoker or william hill, haven't decided yet but I need to upgrade my status. Then I'll try to play equal time HUsng and cash games and see what the results are.

I think HUsng will show a much higher hourly but the cash game skills will have a better long term value

I'll leave you with some cool helicopters playing the james bond song

• bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Played a bit of 50NL HU last night and got agianst quite a bad reg.

He started off weak-tight and folded for ages, then he got super tilted and started spewing chippies. It happened to be just when I started hitting god-mode and got good value off all my hands.

Here's one of them:

NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($143)
      ($58.85)

Dealt to Hero 8:spade: T:spade:

raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

FLOP ($3) 9:club: 4:diamond: 7:spade:

Hero checks, bets $2, Hero raises to $5.50, calls $3.50

TURN ($14) 9:club: 4:diamond: 7:spade: J:spade:

Hero bets $9, calls $9

RIVER ($32) 9:club: 4:diamond: 7:spade: J:spade: 7:diamond:

Hero bets $127 (AI), calls $42.85 (AI)

Hero shows 8:spade: T:spade:
      (Pre 68%, Flop 44.9%, Turn 96.6%)

shows T:heart: 7:club:
      (Pre 32%, Flop 55.1%, Turn 3.4%)

Hero wins $116

At the time I thought he's def got a 7, he would've raised a 9 and folded a draw on the turn so I'll shove and own him. Looking at it now I think I should've check raised cos a 7 is bet/calling anyway and there is a chance he had a draw he might have bet. I think my c/r was a bit small

I'm aiming to put in 5k hands of 25NL and 500 HU hyper turbos this week. Gonna be intense by my standards, i'm not usually much of a volume grinder
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Sup Brado, hope welly is treatn u well.

Cn u send me $ back, havnt had any time 4 grindin at all so my ballsack's gettn pretty tight. hopefully get in2 it soon.

looks like your doin well, keep it up champ & good luck with your volume goals
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      yeah sweet as, thanks heaps for getting me started, I owe you one. I transfered some to party so I got a $500 roll there to play with after paying you back.

played 3 of those NPPL games in wellington, a bubble, a 1st and a 3rd so far. Got into the regionals too (doesn't take much to qualify) which is a freeroll with $2k for 1st, should be fun.

last night it got down to 3 of us and the other 2 wanted a deal but I said no and 2 hands later busted with TT v 77. Seriously have never declined a deal and not busted next. Still got 40 bux though, only woulda been $70 with the deal anyway

Still no job, applied for one with queensland rail up your way. Don't really want to move from here but might have to. I'm still worse than broke.

Played our first Captain's Log gig since I been back on friday night up in Whanganui, Rav came. It was surprisingly good and the crowd was well into double figures.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      And I did play 5.5k hands but only about 100 sngs. Got to 720 games total and was ~50BI above EV but my EV ROI was only 2.5% (which works out as about 20BI over that many games) and I thought If i was 50BI under EV i'd be 30BI down after 700 games and fuck that shit.

so I just hitted and runned on those. EV doesn't overlap between cash games and sng so i've pretty much just stolen 50BI from the system there
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Shit, just got absolutely pwned by some genious deepstacked in 25NL :s_mad:

Wanted to put in another 500 hands today too but couldn't keep playing afterwards.

NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25)
      BB ($20.95)
      UTG ($76.23)
      Hero ($63.41)
      CO ($22.63)
      BTN ($27.34)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: J:spade:

UTG raises to $1, Hero calls $1, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($2.35) 7:heart: 3:diamond: 5:spade:

UTG bets $1.68, Hero calls $1.68

TURN ($5.71) 7:heart: 3:diamond: 5:spade: J:diamond:

UTG bets $5.43, Hero raises to $16.29, UTG raises to $73.55 (AI), Hero calls $44.44 (AI)

RIVER ($127) 7:heart: 3:diamond: 5:spade: J:diamond: T:diamond:

UTG shows 4:diamond: 6:spade:
      (Pre 17%, Flop 96.7%, Turn 77.3%)

Hero shows J:heart: J:spade:
      (Pre 83%, Flop 3.3%, Turn 22.7%)

UTG wins $124

Probably didn't play it that well anyway