katrin0303

• katrin0303
      katrin0303
      Bronze
      Introduction:

I'm 25 years old and comming from Croatia. I started playing 2 months ago for about 1 hour a day. For now, without succes so I decided to change that by taking this course.

I play NL2 BSS.
  • 10 replies
    • katrin0303
      katrin0303
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      1.To earn money so that game can provide my steady income
      2. Pure progress which I can see is source of motivation also.
      3. Feeling of excitement when i'm winning.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      When tilting i find myself playing SnG, tournaments and NL10 limits instead of quiting for the day.
      Next thing is tilting when on upswing - I simply get the feeling I'm invincible.
      Also I'm too much result oriented. I check around 5-10 times in a session my account balance.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      Tight aggressive means to play only selected hands and to be very often preflop and postflop aggressor when entering a hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Also easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Some people turn into very loose play-style when they are on upswing and that's also very bad actually. You have to train yourself be clear in your mind. Of course we can play a bit looser when we winning money and see that running good but it doesn't mean that we are going to win all the pots. :) Just stay calm and continue the same game you had earlier. Train yourself, remind yourself, write down on paper everything you see you do badly and always before the session read the paper, might help. :)

Being result oriented is kind of standard for a lot new-comers or not even new-comers. Even some more advanced players still are too much result oriented. But think this way that what do you think how you going to earn more money? If you really think after every situation like oh why did I lose, how comes he managed to hit? Or rather you take it, oh okey, lets continue and in long run I will earn the money back from him. :) Try working on that and always ignoring what happened on the table and whatever hand you faced or what beat you faced. Try to get strong and with experience you will definitely become one.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.
    • katrin0303
      katrin0303
      Bronze
      Thank you for your in-depth response!

I appreciate it!

I will stop cheking my account balance until end of session.

Also I'll be aware when I'm playing too aggressive for the table, and than play a bit more passive.

Also if i'm on nice upswing, i wont start playing looser, but stick to hand chart.

Best regards
    • katrin0303
      katrin0303
      Bronze
      Hi coach!

Here are my insight from last sessions (cca 3000 hands).

I was playing after midnight and noticed players are much better than usually on NL2. So on TAG table i played also TAG - i should have played more loose.

Playing with better players requires element of deception, and I'm quite readable for now. So i tought to limp and cald call a bit more often on this TAG tables. This way i'll have much higher implied odds on flop. And once when i do get Pocket Rockets or King Kong, somebody will pay me of! :)

I was playing with VP$IP/AF cca. 15/7 and whan villan was masterfuly earning money with stats 40/15/250hands.

During last session i went all in preflop after reraise 3 times with AK, all because player who just sat on the table was heads up with me. What's your opinion about that? Is that tilt or just simple plain greed? :)

Thanks in advance!
    • katrin0303
      katrin0303
      Bronze
      Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

When i notice that i appear to have to tight image on table (after cca. 30hands), then i play a bit looser - raise preflop a bit more often.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

What are ideal preflop stats (over big sample of hands) for TAG?
      What would you recommend how to deviate preflop game on super-tight table?

This hand is not evaluated:
      NL2 AKs vs surprise

These hands are already evaluated:
      A9s
      NL2 AKs
      NL 2 BSS flush on river vs...
      JJ vs A6s
      NL2 AKo
      Pot protection with overpair

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

Equity is 46.32%
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Playing tight isn't bad cause with time you will adjust your play and the more secure and confident you get in your game the more hands you most likely start to play. Don't worry about that.

What are ideal preflop stats (over big sample of hands) for TAG?

At least not those stats what you use. VPIP/PFR should be near together something like 15/12 or something similar but your PFR is far away from that. VPIP tells that you call too many hands and most likely losing a lot money with it.

If people playing very loose and winning money with that style it doesn't mean that they will always win, don't be result oriented. ;)

What would you recommend how to deviate preflop game on super-tight table?

Start stealing more from late position and adjust according your game.

During last session i went all in preflop after reraise 3 times with AK, all because player who just sat on the table was heads up with me. What's your opinion about that? Is that tilt or just simple plain greed?

You are just hoping to win always with your AK and at the best for you it's anyways a coinflip. :) Not a huge fan going broke without even knowing opponent.

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the Course so far.
    • katrin0303
      katrin0303
      Bronze
      Question 1: You are holding KsQs. What is your preflop equity against an opponent who has 33? How does the equity change on this flop: Js5d3s?

Preflop:
      Win Tie
      50,21% 0,39%

Postflop:
      Win Tie
      26.46% 0.00%

Question 2: What would you do in the following hand?

No Limit hold'em $2 (9-handed)
      Players and stacks:
      UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $2.08
      MP1: $1.92
      MP2: $1.00
      MP3: $3.06
      CO: (Hero) $2.08
      BU: $2.00
      SB: $2.00
      BB: $1.24

Preflop: Hero is CO with AsJs
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) 2s63 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.25) 5s (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BU raises to $0.44, BB folds, Hero...?

I would put villan on straight but that doesn't mean i should fold.
      Pot odds are 0,91:0.22 = 4,16:1
      odds for my flush are 4:1. If i count on implied odds on turn then i have very good reason to call, so i would call!

Question 3: Do you have questions about your postflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

Nl2 Bss
    • katrin0303
      katrin0303
      Bronze
      Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation in which you have the initiative postflop
      NL4 BSS flop with initiative

Question 2: Evaluate one of the hands submitted by other members.
      Kq

Question 3: You are on the flop with KQo. The board cards are J, 9, 8, and your opponent holds 77. What is your equity in this spot?

Equity Win Tie
      41.41% 41.41% 0.00% KhQs
      58.59% 58.59% 0.00% 7d7h
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #3 Done!

About Question #1:
      Preflop Equity:

Equity Win Tie
      UTG 50.78% 50.40% 0.38% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 49.22% 48.84% 0.38% { 3d3c }

Postflop Equity:

Board: J:spade: 5:diamond: 3:spade:
      Equity Win Tie
      UTG 26.46% 26.46% 0.00% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 73.54% 73.54% 0.00% { 3d3c }

About Question #2:
      There are several occasions on turn:
      a) If we take just odds for the FD and we take into account that all our odds are clean. Which means:
      Total Pot = $0,91 ; We have to Call = $0,22 -> According to that it means we are getting ~4,16:1 odds. For flushdraw we would need 4:1. Which tells us that we are getting perfect odds.
      b) If we consider the opponent having sets here:
      Which means we have to discount outs, for example 6 and also 3. Which means we have 7 clean outs so that means we need 6:1 odds. That tells us that we need ~$0,41 on river to make it profitable. If we expect the opponent being loose enough and being able to pay us no-matter what then we can do the Call here properly.
      c) We might even have overcards as outs or even 4 as a out:
      Although this kind of situation ain't that likely. I'd rather discount that one and either pick a) or b). Most likely towards Call.

You are doing great progress, keep going!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #4 Done!

This weeks homework was a bit easier. But the idea of that is to help you go through last weeks stuff if you didn't go through everything. Or either way maybe even read some more articles, watch some videos and of course attend in the coaching. What will also help for your game is the evaluation part of other members hands and of course posting your own hands.

If you have interests you could try calculating the equity with a formula which you can use even on tables(either playing online or live poker):
      (Amount of outs x 4) – (Amount of outs – 8) = Your Equity

About Question #3:

Board: J:spade: 9:club: 8:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    41.41%  41.41%   0.00% { KsQd }
      UTG+1  58.59%  58.59%   0.00% { 7h7c }

Hopefully this wasn't too easy homework for you.