hi from Jessica

• GetARealJob
      GetARealJob
      Bronze
      hi there
      Just thought id say hello to the community
      im 25 from UK

starting playing poker at university with some freinds and quickly fell in love with the game. Started to play poker online last year as i dont feel comfortable playing live unless its with freinds as its a bit intimidating at times.

just found this site and its great ipoker deals which im going to try and take advantage of this year :) )) especially the gemstones and sign up bonuses.

i like sit and gos especially super turbos but not sure what im going to play on ipoker yet depends on traffic as iv never played on the network before

wish me luck :P
  • 33 replies
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      Hi Jessica,

Hows it going? and...... welcome!!

I understand completely where you're coming from with regards to live poker games, especially when you have some numpty wearing sunglasses at the table, thinking he's pro!

You're right we're running some great promotions at the moment and do you know that If you invite your friends through our Tell-A-Friend promotion, you'll also receive bonuses for their poker play? For details please click here :) .

If you need anything just drop me a quick post/CS ticket and I'll be happy to help.
    • GetARealJob
      GetARealJob
      Bronze
      Thanks Mark!!!
      yeah i will see if my freinds would like to join i think your 50 dollar starting capital would be good for them as they are just used to home games really

Yeah the sunglasses are funny :P but its mainly the macho men and the 'nice hand love' that i dont like

i posted a question in the beginners thread please can you have a look at it for me :)
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      lol! yep I know the type. No worries I'll take a look at your question and get back to you.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hello Jessica,

Welcome to our community! Great to see another lady joining the crowd :)

I've replied in your other thread and looking forward to see your progress! Any questions about Gemstone, please do let us know!

Ingrid
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GetARealJob
      Thanks Mark!!!
      yeah i will see if my freinds would like to join i think your 50 dollar starting capital would be good for them as they are just used to home games really

Yeah the sunglasses are funny :P but its mainly the macho men and the 'nice hand love' that i dont like

i posted a question in the beginners thread please can you have a look at it for me :)
      Hi Jessica, I've sent you a new CS ticket regarding our beginners question/bonus offers etc, you may access your ticket by clicking here.

If you require further assistance please notify me by replying to the ticket.
    • GetARealJob
      GetARealJob
      Bronze
      just deposited and got the 2000$ bonus :]
      time to grind and start clearing hehe
      hoping for 5000 rake this month although not sure yet what im going to end up playing either super trurbos, jackpot games or double ups lol probably a mixture of all 3

might do a girl power blog to make sure i dont get lazy and take to many days off as a motivation

wish me luck
      :f_love:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Would love to see you blogging Jessica! I think its a great way of discussing whats on your mind and review your game. Looking forward to this, please let us know if you have any other questions!
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hey Jessica ,welcome :)
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, Jessica, and welcome!

If you're from the UK, you could always try the nuts poker league for some live and friendly games.

Well... how friendly depends a bit on your venue of course, but they are quite friendly in general and if you try a few you can find really amazing ones.

And you can even play on them "for free" (i.e., no buy in but usually a fee around 50p or £1 depending on venue). If you decide to buy in, the tourneys are usually £5 to £6 BI and a field between 12 and 30 people (again depending on venue).

Anyway, sorry if I tend to write too much :D

Most important of all... have fun :)
    • GetARealJob
      GetARealJob
      Bronze
      Hey thanks saw that poker league might give it a go but mainly guna play the super turbo short handed games 10-20 dollar while I get used to the network gotta say first impression is I hate the software hehe having to use a table opener pt3 mmmod and a key bet programme to cope with the software :(
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      its mainly the macho men and the 'nice hand love' that i dont like

ugh! hate those guys. just stack 'em and smile. :D

so you've deposited somewhere? how come you still appear basic status? did you track your account via PokerStrategy.com?

ooh, i vote for a blog! girl poowwwerrrrrr!!!!!!

smiles,
      wendy
    • GetARealJob
      GetARealJob
      Bronze
      hi yeah only deposited yesterday and it says it takes a few days to be tracked somewhere i think im being tracked though as on poker rooms were i typed in my username its got a tick next to it :)
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      its mainly the macho men and the 'nice hand love' that i dont like

ugh! hate those guys. just stack 'em and smile. :D

so you've deposited somewhere? how come you still appear basic status? did you track your account via PokerStrategy.com?

ooh, i vote for a blog! girl poowwwerrrrrr!!!!!!
      I think if I were a girl I'd love to seriously reply "I know" to a jerk who said 'nice hand love' to me.

But then again, I'm not a girl so I can't really know :D
    • GetARealJob
      GetARealJob
      Bronze
      got my silver status :)
      think i got enough points yesterday to get to gold so hopefully by the end of the week i will be in the diamond club thats the aim :) and who knows maybe someday and several broken mouses later the black member club hehe
    • sunden
      sunden
      Bronze
      welcome and congrats with the status <3 :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      wow that was fast! looks like you're well on your way to that shiny diamond. amazing progress. :s_evil:

hey luiz :D i don't want to say that just in case they feel they can talk to me :D :D :D
    • GetARealJob
      GetARealJob
      Bronze
      Gold now :) come on platinum by the end of the weekend hehe
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      Gold now :) come on platinum by the end of the weekend hehe
      congratz :)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Jessica, that's some quick progression you've got going there!

At this rate by next week you'll have to change your screen name to JobWhoNeedOne!

Super stuff,

Mal.