This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Overplaying hands

• AreYouIn
      AreYouIn
      Bronze
      For the start, I'm quite newbie in poker. Currently i'm suffering a big downswing, so I've started researching where's the problem of my losses. After looking at my session I've found that the my major problems are: overplaying my hands. After a winning session I blow out all my stack on the last hand by overplaying it, i just cant fold top pairs, three's, weak flushes, even when I know i'm beaten (is this psychological? lol), the second problem is that I'm loosing too much when the opponents are slow playing. I would like to get some directions how to fix these leaks. Everything else seems to be ok. Thanks in advance.
  • 6 replies
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Post the hands you played in forums, I know this helped me (and still helps) a lot
    • AreYouIn
      AreYouIn
      Bronze
      I have them in pokertracker. Is there any way to record them to post here somehow?
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      I don't use the PokerTracker but I am 100% sure there is a way to export hands in forum format
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      What platform are you playing on ?
      Are you using SSS or BSS?
      Posting hands on the forum is pretty much mandatory for everyone who wants to progress in poker :D
    • AreYouIn
      AreYouIn
      Bronze
      I'm playing Titan, trying SSS, though not that strict. PokerTracker indicates me as tight agressive / agressive.
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      Well, according to SSS you need to construct an all in situation with any made pair or draw on the flop - including TPTK, trips or oesd/flushdraws. It doesnt rly give you a lot of options, i dont see the need of making desicions - SSS is made so you dont have to think about turn and river play - you either are all in or fold untill then.
      About Titan, you can use any online poker hand converter - search on the net, as I cant post links, but try googling something like flop,turn,river :)