unorthodox 3betting in HU situations

• conall88
      So I have been playing some HUPLO recently, and pretty much self educating since the resources are slim on the subject. Ive been relying on SH info, which is definately relevent, but a lot does change HU from what I have experienced.

The 3betting and check raising dynamics seem a lot more pronounced.

I've been experimenting with unusual 3bet sizing and frequencies with mixed results, and would love to hear what other people do, if you guys do anything like this at all.

flop check raising seems to be brilliant against most players, even regs, as the flop cbet seems to be so frequent. Its also conducive to easy decision making on the turn in many cases, even when the pot gets bigger.
  • 1 reply
    • Kyyberi
      I think that PLOHU is all about adjusting, readjusting and so on. If your opponent doesn't adjust, then use what ever leak he has as long as you like. But if you start to c-raise a lot, any decent opponent will adjust to that. So you have to adjust to their adjustments.

No one can say that certain type of 3betting is good or bad. As it depends on your opponent. Some opponents can be 3bet a ton, and then there are opponents you can't 3bet a ton.

C-raising flop is powerful, but you have to understand how often you need to be succesfull for it to be +EV.