[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH: flush fold?

• kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10/$0.20 (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

Button ($11.40)
      SB ($19.30) (Hero)
      BB ($20.76) 14(VPIP) / 7(PFR) / 8(WTSD) / 3(TAF) / 42(Hands)
      MP3 ($8.97)
      CO ($19.70)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:club: , T:club:
      2 folds, Button calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.10, BB checks,

Flop: 7:club: , J:club: , 3:club: ( $0.6 )
      Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40, Button calls $0.40,

Turn: 3:heart: ( $1.8 )
      Hero bets $1.00, BB raises to 3.4, 2 folds,

Final Pot: $6.01

BB was a tight player and when he reraised me on turn i was thinking through the 20 seconds to find out what holdings could he had, but i did't find any that i could beat, except lower flushes. I thought i could call and see what does he do on river, but i concluded that if i would fold to a river bet anyway, then i should fold now.
      But this feels very weak to me, maybe he would just call with full house in position and reraise river, but then what was he protecting here?
      I dont know, it feels very weak but agains this opponent and this board maybe it was ok to fold.
      What do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Good fold imo, he'd bet the river anyway and you woulda been heading for an allin if you called or raised here.
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      First of all I would bet bigger on the turn, close to PSB. Your bet seems weak and he can try some fancy move. Other than that I guess you're right, you're not beating too much here. A lower flush would have raised you on the flop. I don't think I would put my money in the middle either against a TAG.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nttflox
      First of all I would bet bigger on the turn, close to PSB. Your bet seems weak and he can try some fancy move. Other than that I guess you're right, you're not beating too much here. A lower flush would have raised you on the flop. I don't think I would put my money in the middle either against a TAG.