This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH: flush fold?

• kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10/$0.20 (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

Button ($11.40)
      SB ($19.30) (Hero)
      BB ($20.76) 14(VPIP) / 7(PFR) / 8(WTSD) / 3(TAF) / 42(Hands)
      MP3 ($8.97)
      CO ($19.70)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:club: , T:club:
      2 folds, Button calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.10, BB checks,

Flop: 7:club: , J:club: , 3:club: ( $0.6 )
      Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40, Button calls $0.40,

Turn: 3:heart: ( $1.8 )
      Hero bets $1.00, BB raises to 3.4, 2 folds,

Final Pot: $6.01

BB was a tight player and when he reraised me on turn i was thinking through the 20 seconds to find out what holdings could he had, but i did't find any that i could beat, except lower flushes. I thought i could call and see what does he do on river, but i concluded that if i would fold to a river bet anyway, then i should fold now.
      But this feels very weak to me, maybe he would just call with full house in position and reraise river, but then what was he protecting here?
      I dont know, it feels very weak but agains this opponent and this board maybe it was ok to fold.
      What do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Good fold imo, he'd bet the river anyway and you woulda been heading for an allin if you called or raised here.
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      First of all I would bet bigger on the turn, close to PSB. Your bet seems weak and he can try some fancy move. Other than that I guess you're right, you're not beating too much here. A lower flush would have raised you on the flop. I don't think I would put my money in the middle either against a TAG.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nttflox
      First of all I would bet bigger on the turn, close to PSB. Your bet seems weak and he can try some fancy move. Other than that I guess you're right, you're not beating too much here. A lower flush would have raised you on the flop. I don't think I would put my money in the middle either against a TAG.