Starting out

• LiquidHero
      LiquidHero
      Bronze
      Hi everyone!

I've just started playing poker (2 days ago) and still learning (still haven't looked into how muck works exactly). Luckily, I don't need to know to play with software :D

Tried my hand at putting $10 in and played 0.02/0.04 fixed limit. Am really enjoying the game, but I think I have to work on patience. I played patiently and imo well to get my account up to $16 in a few hours, then got excited and cocky and went back down to $12. It really takes a lot of self control to play the game well.

Looking forward to learning more on how to play the game :)
  • 7 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Welcome LiquidHero,

You couldn't have come to a better place to improve your Poker Abilities!

First off, have you Claimed the Free $50? :D

There is alot too PokerStrategy, so don't be afraid to ask any questions about our Material. You're currently only a Basic Member (until you claim our Free $50, or sign up to a Poker Room through us) so you will have limited material available to use, but the Basic stuff will still keep you busy for weeks!

As you have only just started out playing poker, I'd highly advise you to join our Beginners Course. It will start out with the very basics of poker and guide you through the learning material that is best suited for you. Its a must for anyone serious about poker ;)
    • LiquidHero
      LiquidHero
      Bronze
      Hm, maybe I jumped the gun in signing in. I already had an account that I just got this week. I don't think I am eligible for the $50.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi LiquidHero,

first off, a warm welcome to the community! as matt said, its a wonderful place to learn when you are just starting out in poker.

about the free $50, if you've never received it before (and if you're not from the US) then you can still get it! :) sound good? but you need to follow instructions carefully (like download via our links/use the correct code).

have you taken the quiz yet? follow the link here. you cannot receive it in a site if you previously made an account there already (without our links) but you can pick a new one:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/quiz/platform/

if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask.

smiles,
      wendy
    • LiquidHero
      LiquidHero
      Bronze
      Thanks! I completed the quiz earlier, but assumed I not eligible since I already had an account with money in it. I'll go though it now though. Already learning lots from the site :) glad to join this forum :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      no problemo :) glad to have you too. if you get stuck at some point, you know where to ask :D
    • LiquidHero
      LiquidHero
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot! I completed the requirements and just received the first part of my $50. Learning much from the site too :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      yahoo! thats awesome news :) now go get em tiger :D