This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50: AJ resteal situation

• Leo
      Leo
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
      9 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is Button with J A
      5 folds, CO raises to $2, Hero calls, 2 folds.

Flop: A J Q ($4.75, 2 players)
      CO bets $3, Hero raises all-in $10.5, CO folds.
      Uncalled bets: $7.5 returned to Hero.

Results:
      Final pot: $10.75

CO is 10/9/4 over 830 hands, ATS = 23

On the previous hand, I was sitting on the sb and he tried to steal, where i restole him. Because of this, I decided to call here as I see him stealing more tightly the hand right after. I dont know if this makes any sense and so I decided to post the hand :)
  • 3 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      I'd resteal again since if you just call in this spot you will often find yourself folding on the flop (sometimes with the best hand too).
      Bronze
      Well, I don't call pf in sss. I limp with pp's, that's all.

23 ats is quite high but he did it from CO, where he's probably tighter. If we assume range of 15% (A8+, KT+, 66+) you're even. Can you put him on such a range? If you do, push.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      1. Calling is not an option with the SSS. ;)
      2. 23 ATS means that he steals 15% to 18% from the CO-Position, maybe even tighter, so that we should respect his raises from there a little bit more.
      3. When you restole in the hand before he is more likely to call with his raising hand, if he has a quality hand.

Conclusion: You either push or fold here Preflop. I personally would prefer to fold, since AJ is to marginal in this spot on this limit here to re-steal.