[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH. AQo, river bluff raise.

• Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Silver
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.50)
      BB ($5.14)
      UTG ($15.20)
      UTG+1 ($10.85)
      Hero ($13.71)
      BTN ($9.50)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: A:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.95) 4:heart: 8:diamond: 8:spade:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.45, UTG+1 calls $0.45

TURN ($1.85) 4:heart: 8:diamond: 8:spade: 5:diamond:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($1.85) 4:heart: 8:diamond: 8:spade: 5:diamond: K:club:

UTG+1 bets $0.90, Hero raises to $2.20, UTG+1 folds

Hero shows Q:heart: A:diamond:

Hero wins $3.47

He's 24/21/3.5AF/75 cbet in 93 hands.

So on the flop I decide not to wait and try to take this pot down. To my surprise he takes a c/c line as a PFA. Which really felt like he's super weak, but understands that I am betting my whole range after he checks like that.
      Turn 5 changes nothing and I have position, so I decide to keep the pot small and reevaluate river. River is an interesting card and he bets out.
      I really thought for a while, what is he repping. All K hands like AK, KQ, KJ c-bet flop IMO. Felt like he was trying to use river as a scare card, and since he is not repping much, I decided to test it out.

It worked this time, but is this OK in general? Does my thought process make sense?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Pkrpains,

Preflop: Don't call against UTG range here and invite other people come along! You have so many people behind you.

As played
      Postflop: Why do you Bet so small on the flop? :) And otherwise I don't like at all your play on the river, the K is good for him and improves some of his range. Rather make a normal Bet on the flop! But while he is CBetting so much we might even prefer just to Check behind on the flop cause he could be trapping with Check/Call with any PP to induce bluffs.

But of course the raise on river may work but again if we should do it. :)

Best Regards.
    • Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Silver
      So I should rather 3bet or fold my AQ?

If, for example, PFR is a reg-ish villain in CO, can I call on the button?

Thank you very much, feels good to see my mistakes and learn from them. :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Pkrpains
      So I should rather 3bet or fold my AQ?

If, for example, PFR is a reg-ish villain in CO, can I call on the button?

Thank you very much, feels good to see my mistakes and learn from them. :)
      It's not about the CO only but also the persons behind you. But of course it's possible if we expect people behind us be rather tight.

But most likely I would 3bet or fold. :)