[NL2-NL10] 92s 07.02.12

• dErlUxEr
      dErlUxEr
      Bronze
      0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9h, 2h
      UTG1 checks, UTG2 calls $0,02, 3 folds, CO calls $0,02, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,07) 9s, 7d, 4h (4 players)
      Hero bets $0,12, UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0,12, CO folds

Turn: ($0,31) 8h (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0,24, UTG2 raises to $1,10 (All-in)

hm... ?(
  • 5 replies
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Hi dErlUxEr,

In an unraised pot a top pair isn't enough to win, especially with the lowest kicker. I wouldn't raise the flop i think you'd be inflating the pot unnecessarily, as top pair lowest kicker is very weak against 4 opponents. Anyone of them with overcards could continue to play and hit something. Plus the flop has a straight draw and people might call.

Turn completes a straight, another indication that your top pair low kicker is worthless. So when he raises your Bet on the turn you should fold without even thinking about it. He invested a blind pre-flop whats he gonna get from bluffing here, he has absolutely no motivation to do so in my opinion. And you're not getting outs for your flush-draw either.
    • dErlUxEr
      dErlUxEr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Hi dErlUxEr,

In an unraised pot a top pair isn't enough to win, especially with the lowest kicker. I wouldn't raise the flop i think you'd be inflating the pot unnecessarily, as top pair lowest kicker is very weak against 4 opponents. Anyone of them with overcards could continue to play and hit something. Plus the flop has a straight draw and people might call.

Turn completes a straight, another indication that your top pair low kicker is worthless. So when he raises your Bet on the turn you should fold without even thinking about it. He invested a blind pre-flop whats he gonna get from bluffing here, he has absolutely no motivation to do so in my opinion. And you're not getting outs for your flush-draw either.
      i wanted to protect my top-pair after the flop.. i tought, that there will fold after a over-potsize bet. i guess, that i have to check/fold at the turn.

i folded after the all-in raise.. one step too late!! :f_cry:
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by dErlUxEr
      i wanted to protect my top-pair after the flop.. i tought, that there will fold after a over-potsize bet. i guess, that i have to check/fold at the turn.

If you wanted to protect your hand then I don't think the bet on the turn was required. Draws have completed. Its best to Check/Fold on the turn and save the 12 blinds. Why do you wanna get stuck in such marginal situations 9 Pair with 2 kicker is just not worth the 18 blinds you invested. Besides people limped in, anyone could have anything.
    • dErlUxEr
      dErlUxEr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      Originally posted by dErlUxEr

If you wanted to protect your hand then I don't think the bet on the turn was required. Draws have completed. Its best to Check/Fold on the turn and save the 12 blinds. Why do you wanna get stuck in such marginal situations 9 Pair with 2 kicker is just not worth the 18 blinds you invested. Besides people limped in, anyone could have anything.

yeah.. check/fold on turn, should be the right decission
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dErlUxEr,

If you even Bet the turn then it should be Bet/Fold, you don't beat much there anymore as he shoves. Rather take the passive approach and let him have the pot while we are in freeplay pot.

Best Regards.