This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How important are breaks ?

• SwissMike
      SwissMike
      Bronze
      weird pattern which i have noticed when i play, 90% of the time i place in the money in my first 3 SnG of the day making a nice profit, then after that its all playing for nothing basically loosing what i won in the first 3. So my question is how imprtant is it to take breaks in between games ? how long of a break do you recomend ? and how long of a session can you play before taking a break ? After bad beats do you recomend to start another tourney straight off and try to forget about it and recup your loss or take a break and cool down and start from scratch ?
  • 6 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      I suck at playing long sessions, so I just play 1-2h then break, and another session, etc
      also if you're affected by bad beats, or by having too much money at the tables (in the case of cashgames), then definitely take a break.
    • gemgem69
      gemgem69
      Bronze
      First of all how many sngs have you played you may need to play 00's before you can make a judgement on this. Breaks totally depend on a persons attention span. I cudn't play for more than 3/4hours so I try and play as many tables at once eg 9 to try and get as much play in a shorter space of time.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      When playing SNGs I usually play them in larger batches, and take a break after 2-3 rounds of however many I played. The breaks don't have to be necessarily very long, but I think a little bit of movement, goes a long way of getting your concentration back for later sessions.

After Bad-Beats I check if they have influenced me or not and base my decision upon this. Since bad beats are the most normal thing for me when playing SNGs I don't usually get affected by them unless I start going several buy-ins down while I should have been running with huge ROI :) But yes as soon as I notice im no longer playing optimally I take a pause.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      yes, the breaks are important, depends on your mental and physical condition, you have to figure it out by your self, when you start loosing take a brake, also when you start winning is good to take brake, the best is to have some goal and then stop for a break or having exact timing, one hour of play for example and then a break.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      I can't play cash for longer than an hour without a break tbh. I think that's more of a psychological thing though, I like to recheck BR and points/bonuses etc often, rather than just me getting tired.
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I should start doing this.