CO: $1.11
      BTN: $0.00
      SB: $4.13
      Hero (BB): $2.00
      UTG: $1.20
      MP: $2.39

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 5:spade: 5:diamond:

fold, MP calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.10, 5 players) 5:club: K:club: 3:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.40, 3 players) 4:club:
      SB checks Hero???

What is the correct line here?
  • 3 replies
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Hi Karl0zzz,

I think you have to Bet here. You need to protect your hand against flushdraws. One of them could have a :club: and you can't check and give them a free card. You have 2 opponents and they could have a straight draw or a flush draw and you still have 10 outs for a full house or Quads. So Bet about $0.30 atleast and if you get raised I guess you can call using implied odds. Remember you still have 10 outs and you could be way ahead already with your set.
    • londonsystem
      londonsystem
      Silver
      I think it is a quite common situation and it's not easy to decide.

Pre-flop : from BB, I would call.

FLOP : This is a time I would consider over bet. My hand is decent, and opponents are passive (all limped, and sb completed), but my position is really bad in 5-handed. Pot size bet is just 5bb, any king, two pair, another pocket pair, flush draw, straight draw would call. I would rather bet 8bb-10bb, and call the raise (usually king+flush draw), push non-club turn if I could be heads up. I don't think the flush draw would fold to 8bb anyway at this level, and especially when they have position on hero.

TURN : It's 3 handed. Hero's pot bet could represent a flush draw or pair+. At this level, I would check, call half a pot or so and hope I would hit a full-house on the river. If I bet 10bb (half a pot) and got raised, I'm beaten for sure. If I bet pot, any flush would call at this level. Check/call might not be the optimal play, but I think it could be +EV play at this passive table.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Karl0zzz,

Bet it again on the turn cause the opponent may easily have Kx hands and maybe even just 1card FDs.

Best Regards.