This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 Set on draw-hevy board.

• Karl0zzz
      Karl0zzz
      Bronze
      Microgaming - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $1.11
      BTN: $0.00
      SB: $4.13
      Hero (BB): $2.00
      UTG: $1.20
      MP: $2.39

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 5:spade: 5:diamond:

fold, MP calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.10, 5 players) 5:club: K:club: 3:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.40, 3 players) 4:club:
      SB checks Hero???

What is the correct line here?
  • 3 replies
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Bronze
      Hi Karl0zzz,

I think you have to Bet here. You need to protect your hand against flushdraws. One of them could have a :club: and you can't check and give them a free card. You have 2 opponents and they could have a straight draw or a flush draw and you still have 10 outs for a full house or Quads. So Bet about $0.30 atleast and if you get raised I guess you can call using implied odds. Remember you still have 10 outs and you could be way ahead already with your set.
    • londonsystem
      londonsystem
      Bronze
      I think it is a quite common situation and it's not easy to decide.

Pre-flop : from BB, I would call.

FLOP : This is a time I would consider over bet. My hand is decent, and opponents are passive (all limped, and sb completed), but my position is really bad in 5-handed. Pot size bet is just 5bb, any king, two pair, another pocket pair, flush draw, straight draw would call. I would rather bet 8bb-10bb, and call the raise (usually king+flush draw), push non-club turn if I could be heads up. I don't think the flush draw would fold to 8bb anyway at this level, and especially when they have position on hero.

TURN : It's 3 handed. Hero's pot bet could represent a flush draw or pair+. At this level, I would check, call half a pot or so and hope I would hit a full-house on the river. If I bet 10bb (half a pot) and got raised, I'm beaten for sure. If I bet pot, any flush would call at this level. Check/call might not be the optimal play, but I think it could be +EV play at this passive table.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Karl0zzz,

Bet it again on the turn cause the opponent may easily have Kx hands and maybe even just 1card FDs.

Best Regards.