This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Nobody is perfect but how close can we get? How many mistakes do you make per SNG?

• Puscherbilbo
      Puscherbilbo
      Bronze
      Hi there.

I am currently revisiting some SNGs and I would like to compare my performance to others. One way would be via ROI but I think the number of mistakes could be just as interesting. This could mean either as -EV play or as missed +EV play.

I would call anything anything below let´s say 0,3% a minor mistake.
      Anything up to 1% a mistake.
      And anything >1% a major mistake.

As default I consider anything from EG as minor mistake (e.G. a missed open raise, a bad cbet or missed valuebet or broking with AK/QQ against the wrong guy) with the exception of obv. spewplays. This part is obv. much harder to evaluate as there are quite a few different approaches possible.

Frankly i would be more interested about mistakes objectively marked by tools like Wizard in the Steal/Resteal and PoF-phase. The latter being the one where mistakes can be identified most clearly.

What would you consider a good/very good performance on average? How much of a sample of Reviews should suffice?
  • 4 replies