Posting hands.

• 8 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      Hey there Bonett2

Good to see you want to start posting hands :) to help me write you a how to guide could you answer a couple questions for me first? :)

Are you using any tracking software? If not you should think about it PokerStrategy.com's Elephant program is great for beginners and its free :) you can find it here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/9/

Also what game type are you playing? Is it cash game or SnG? and which stakes? ( so i can help you find the right forum on where to post :) )

All the best

Carl
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      Or even better you can just read this link here: How to post a hand for discussion

This contains a great guide to show you exactly how to do things :)
    • Bonett2
      Bonett2
      Bronze
      Hey carl

Thanks for your help. I downloaded elephant but i can t really understand it :p i play cash games on titan poker i will check out the link you gave me :) Thanks again :)
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      Hey again,

What is it exactly about elephant you don't understand? Anything i can help you with?

As a very brief overview elephant is a tracking software for players that lets you record every hand you play in a database for you to review hands and sessions, find leaks, and look at pretty graphs.

It also includes a HUD that brings up stats of you and all your opponents stats that updates after each hand played, this tells you things like how often a player likes to see the flop or how often they fold to a Cbet,

If you're having a specific problem with Elephant you can either leave me a message in this thread or go to: Elephant support forum

Carl
    • Bonett2
      Bonett2
      Bronze
      Hi again, when i open the programme a window comes up sayin (Connection to database not successful. Please ensure that postgreSQL is running and your settings are correct).
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Hallo!

Please check, if postgre is running. Open your taskmanager and try to start it.

And please use not this version. Please update your elephant and take this (<-- Click me) one.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Bonett2,

Ok, I'll move this to the elephant support forum for you. Someone there always knows what to do! :)

Best regards,

Mal.
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey Bonett2,

please download the latest version (see Silicerniums link)

Make sure postgreSQL is installed as a service (control panel -> administrative tools -> services -> search for a postgreSQL database service).

Start the service (when installed) and try to create a new database in PokerStrategy.com Elephant.