[NL2-NL10] sh AK

• carrapa
      carrapa
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $16.56 (165.6 bb)
      UTG: $2.85 (28.5 bb)
      MP: $32.67 (326.7 bb)
      Hero (CO): $9.95 (99.5 bb)
      BTN: $10.39 (103.9 bb)
      SB: $19.07 (190.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A K
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BTN folds, SB raises to $1.30, BB folds, Hero calls $0.90

Flop: ($2.70) K 2 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.35, Hero calls $1.35

Turn: ($5.40) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $2.70, Hero raises to $7.30 and is all-in, SB calls $4.60

River: ($20) 8 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Should I 3bet the flop?
  • 2 replies
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Bronze
      I'm a bit unsure of this one but I'll take a stab and look forward to seeing a coach's reply..

The first question is, without reads & in a 3bet pot are we happy stacking off with TPTK? If not then we shouldn't have called the 3bet anyways so when we hit our king we should just get it in ASAP. I mean, if he's 3 betting AQ, KQ, QQ, JJ, TT we're laughing but wait... On a K high flop is he calling a 3bet with those hands? I would guess not in which case a call on the flop is good.

The turn... Well with my assumed range above which may not be all that accurate the Q has just improved a lot of his range.. QQ kills us and KQ kills us. He can bet AQ but will he go broke with it? I think if you show aggression at this point he gives up on JJ and any other lower pairs he might have. I'd be looking to keep the pot as small as possible now...

I don't think that you can get value from many weaker hands on the turn and I don't think you'll be able to fold a better hand. In other words, to me this is a 'Way ahead or way behind' scenario so I'd let him keep betting to keep the weaker parts of his range in there and hope to be ahead at the river.

Just my two cents, I don't know if this is good advice or bad lol but that's how I see it :f_confused:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello carrapa,

Preflop: Fold preflop! Really bad Call here. :( You will rarely play the hand very profitable.

As played
      Postflop: Nah, raising would just scare away all bluffs and weaker hands.

Best Regards.