This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ 3bet OOP

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $7.12
      SB (Hero):
      $5.75
      BB:
      $9.50
      CO:
      $13.99

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      CO raises to $0.16, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.52, BB folds, CO calls $0.36.

Flop: ($1.08) 4, 5, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($1.08) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.77, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.08.

villain 19/14 6.03bet foldto3bet50%(6) af 1.9 cbet45% turn agg32% 218hands

I 3bet preflop because there is a good chance that he`s got a small/medium pair of AK,AQ that he might fold preflop,because i don't really want to play vs those hands oop;

Is it better to 3bet or call in such spots vs reg with JJ;
      Is there anything we could do with the hand when he calls and an A come on flop... trying to steal i think it's not profitable just because there are way more combos of AK,AQ in his range then QQ or weaker holdings with witch he might also call instead of re`raise PF
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

Preflop: We are kind of deep even with CO I would most likely just Call and play postflop, especially him being rather tighter.

As played
      Postflop: I would definitely CB the flop rather than just Check/Fold directly. You can't put him on Ax hands only here. :)

Best Regards.