Stack sizes:
      UTG: $29.35
      UTG+1: $52.75
      CO: $89.70
      Button: $45.50
      Hero: $50.25
      BB: $80.65

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with A A
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.75, Button folds, Hero raises to $8, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop: 4 J 9 ($16.5, 2 players)
      Hero bets $12, CO calls.

Turn: T ($40.5, 2 players)
      Hero is all-in $30.25, CO calls.

River: 9 ($101, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $101)

Results:
      Final pot: $101
  • 7 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      i would make it smaller preflop and i would try smth near potsize on the flop .
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would also re-raise less on the flop 6-6,5$.
      I think your bet on the flop was fine I would make the same bet with AK.
      And nothing to do on the turn. Nh.
    • dirtyibis
      dirtyibis
      Bronze
      if you were planning to get all in vs this player then i think you played the hand excellently. Your re raise made the pot like 1/3 of your stack, giving you an automatic turn all in. Given the way it was played you trapped KK or QQ? Hopefully he didnt have JJ lol. That size raise isn't always optimal because with AA you do want them to call. You do want to get as much money in preflop with AA though, well played
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      Unfortunatelly he had JJ, at the same time some quads 7 cracked my AA at another table. Generally I run bad with AA, although I do manage to fold them when I'm bluffed.
      About the raise, I always raise bigger from the blinds to make my decisions easier. I thought it was ok.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      An option is to c/c the turn. We hope to get a bluff-bet from a floating villain. Obviously we call, but my goal would be to get value from marginal hands like a J or air.
    • soysauceAA
      soysauceAA
      Bronze
      Any further information on the villain? Assuming he is a reasonable player he will first off almost always 4-bet KK pf and also QQ a decent amount of times to a SB reraise from most decent regular players (depending on your image).

Discrediting the amount of times he has KK here because of the likelihood he 4-bets PF it he will atleast surely never ever cold call that flop with KK. QQ and JJ are the more likely hand he will just call your 3-bet preflop and again with QQ as with KK he never just calls the flop because there are several cards that will hurt him and the pot is already big, also he is just never folding the turn unless it is a A or K making a flop call very bad, there is just no value for him in calling because he will never get action on the turn from a hand that he has beat (with the exception being when he holds KK to a QQ). He is showing that he is committing himself (given all the action) and that he has a hand by calling, making a reasonable player never barrelling the turn. You having the A of diamonds makes the probability of him having a flush draw given he is a reasonable player basically 0. In conclusion there is no value for him in cold-calling flop with any hand you have beat making it so likely he actually has JJ here. In position with top set here it is a very good move to just call to make sure he will get all the moniez from you almost forcing you to go all-in on the turn with kings or aces.

Chances of him having set of 4s or 9s are incredibly low (once again assuming he is a reasonable player) because of the lacking implied odds for him (you having only a square buy-in in your stack) and your 3-bet size being 8.

The key to making a laydown here is actually realizing he is never cold-calling that flop with KK or QQ, i.e the two hands you have beat, he will be repopping there all the time.

That being said I will have to really be sharp and focused and not to any extent being tilted here to check/fold the turn and when I am hitting the nut flush draw there is nothing to do.

I actually didn't notice that the nut flush draw hit when I started writing rendering my reasoning close to useless in this situation but nonetheless I think that in conclusion a very few reasonable players will cold call the flop with QQ or KK.
    • gAAss
      gAAss
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Thorsten77
      An option is to c/c the turn. We hope to get a bluff-bet from a floating villain.
      I definitely agree with you: what kind of hand is going to call your 2nd-street bet? QQ,KK, a set and AJ perhaps: they would have bet them if you had checked--> check-call/check-raise turn (depending on the size of the bet) to induce the villain to bluff.