Party Poker cash game, fishy?

• Angels78
      Got back from a really long break, years actually.

Taking my strategy $50 + my own $50 and am at the newbie tables.

After 1 week it's at $185 roughly. Not so long sessions cuz of work but still + and it feels ok for NL4, not much of NL10 even though I checked it out.

My swings are crazy, maybe it's me who needs a slap in the face to get started because at the beginning after work I go down $5-10 then up. Last night I went down $20 then up $50 before I ended my session.

Down to the question, is the general population this fishy as they are at the newbie tables? Maybe I should not stay until my privileges runs out to play here? My game is not flawless, I do have some nice tricks up my sleeve and ABC ofc but I was thinking if I might do better out in the "real" world cuz value betting only seem to be worth it against a few, the rest runs cards only and river hunt.

Was going to try and stay at the NL4 until I hit $200 BR but testing out the newbie NL10 atm to see if the swings get to more, well "stable" level but so far it does feel the same. I can bet streets and get owned/slow played or find a fish and trap him where I regain my $ and stay +, not by much but still +.

Long post and I will end here and hope you have some nice feedback to give :s_cool:
  • 7 replies
      Hi Angels78,

I don't really play at Party or cash games for that matter so I cannot give you my opinion on your questions.

I will say that out of all sites I have played Party Poker is one of the fishiest there is out there. I can imagine a very good player will easily beat NL4 and that NL10 wouldn't see a huge difference in player skills.

However, hopefully other members who have played their can give you some better judgements.

Have you considered enrolling in our Beginners Course? I know you have said that you are not new to the game but it may be an excellent opportunity for you as you are coming back after a long break.

The link is in my signature below.

Best regards,
    • noisecore
      there is no difference between sites below NL20

• wnbMG
      Yes it is :D
      Maybe with you at the tables even more :coolface:
      JOKE :D
    • PoincaresConjecture
      NL 10 and 25 defo way fishier than pokerstars imo.

• ryciaga
      could you describe how many tables do you play and how long does your session last?
    • gadget51
      I can't imagine most any site being 'unfishy' as it were at micros.

I play on one site where there is no block to playing beginner tables after X hands or Y days, so that's where you'll find me with my small BR, at nl2 FR.
      I would say that by nl10 quite a few regs do know a bit of what they are about though even if they start getting a bit tight passive and a few of the regs at nl20 can actually play a bit, but even they aren't exactly monsters nor should they expect to be.
      Just my observations.

• Angels78
      4-6 hours, NL4/NL10, usually 3-4 tables.

Not being treated well last 2 days, $10 setback. Started yesterday with my flush getting beat by a house, 2-3 min after my set to a inside straight so that's 2BI at NL4. 30 min later I lost JJ to A3, no sign of flush draw on the flop so 1BI at NL10, lovely start -$20.

Card dead on 4 tables for 4h and I pick up KTo, decided I need to try something and was getting tired, guy with tilt score of 100 goes all in on AKT flop with an A, I shoved and won + a small pot and I logged of.

Can you really be card dead for several hours on 4 tables? Felt ridiciolus.

About the beginners course, what link are you speaking of, "Choose the right poker room for you!"? Your right about the subject, afterall knowledge is power even though knowledge can kill a few ppl, doubt it in my case... so far at least :s_cool:

Guess I stay at PP at least until my bonus is cleared and if it actually is as fishy as you say then I will definitely stay a while to build my BR, even though it swings like crazy, at least it feels like it but still going + but slowly, hard for me to tilt so the swings are definitely not from that, hopefully the swings is simply because I am still at the newbie tables and that my poker strategy will still be good for the "regular" ones later on.