Value playing micro SnG?

• Heitzenizer
      Heitzenizer
      Bronze
      Hi! I just have a question regarding the 20% fee on micro sng's. Is it worth it playing 1$+0.20$ or a 2$+0.40$?
      By the looks of it the fee would eat most players.

Good luck at the tables // Heitzenizer
  • 12 replies
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      yes, unless you have the BR and are good enough to play higher
    • Th0m4sBC
      Th0m4sBC
      Bronze
      20% fee is just way to high. If you have the option, I would cash in and play no games with Rake higher than 10%. It is not like as you would get eaten allive on the 3$ SNGs.... there are still plenty of weak players, but beating the rake of 20% does not only mean that you have to be good, but that you have to be VERY GOOD or catch an upswing. If you finish 3rd in every 10 players SNG, you will just be about BE before the RB and it would mean that you would have an ITM quote of 100%....if you beat the 1$ SNGs, you beat the 3$ SNGs as well, so, I really see it as a waste to play those games (unless you really really have no option to cash in like 100$....)
    • murichej
      murichej
      Bronze
      if you are at least BE i think that it's good to play them. you make some rake and get rakeback anyway + you get experience for higher limits later.
    • Th0m4sBC
      Th0m4sBC
      Bronze
      What knowledge you wanna transfer from the $1.50 to the $15 SNGs?
    • tdust89
      tdust89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Th0m4sBC
      20% fee is just way to high. If you have the option, I would cash in and play no games with Rake higher than 10%. It is not like as you would get eaten allive on the 3$ SNGs.... there are still plenty of weak players, but beating the rake of 20% does not only mean that you have to be good, but that you have to be VERY GOOD or catch an upswing. If you finish 3rd in every 10 players SNG, you will just be about BE before the RB and it would mean that you would have an ITM quote of 100%....if you beat the 1$ SNGs, you beat the 3$ SNGs as well, so, I really see it as a waste to play those games (unless you really really have no option to cash in like 100$....)
      I may have interpreted this wrong but it seems to me that you are saying that if you finish 3rd in every SNG you will about break even. However, a 10 man 1+.20 SNG pays $2 for 3rd which would be an $0.80 profit (which translates to 66.6% ROI)
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      I would avoid them if possible (20%) but if you don't have a big enough bankroll then you've got to play them unfortunately.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Originally posted by murichej
      if you are at least BE i think that it's good to play them. you make some rake and get rakeback anyway + you get experience for higher limits later.
      Don't ever focus on rakeback on the micros imo.

Originally posted by TakeManies
      I would avoid them if possible (20%) but if you don't have a big enough bankroll then you've got to play them unfortunately.
      If you don't have a big enough bankroll than you should play something else until you do, otherwise I can almost guaranteee you that you'll get sick of sng's forever if you're paying 20% fee.
      Or you can withdraw your money from what I guess is ipoker and deposit it to... well anywhere, since the fee is 10% almost everywhere.
    • Th0m4sBC
      Th0m4sBC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tdust89
      Originally posted by Th0m4sBC
      I may have interpreted this wrong but it seems to me that you are saying that if you finish 3rd in every SNG you will about break even. However, a 10 man 1+.20 SNG pays $2 for 3rd which would be an $0.80 profit (which translates to 66.6% ROI)
      Lol. Yeah, thanks for the correction, no idea what I have been thinking :P .

My statement all tough (--> if you can cash in 100$ do so.....) remains unchanged. :)
    • Heitzenizer
      Heitzenizer
      Bronze
      Alright, thanks.

I agree, it just seems too expensive. Sticking to CG then.
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      pokerstars SNG micro about 14%
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Pokerstars MT-SnGs solved it for me, 10% fee and weak players for almost the entire micros. Just dont be like me and keep accidentally registering for hypers :(
    • TheGuyFromCIA
      TheGuyFromCIA
      Bronze
      Originally posted by esuohdla
      Pokerstars MT-SnGs solved it for me, 10% fee and weak players for almost the entire micros. Just dont be like me and keep accidentally registering for hypers :(
      Use filters.